Finance for Non-Financial Managers
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Olin Business School.Full disclaimer.
Finance affects everyone in an organization, through company performance metrics, monthly budgets, capital-allocation decisions, or the strategic planning process. Managers in functional areas outside of finance may feel removed and often lack the vocabulary to interact effectively on finance-related issues.
This seminar bridges this gap by making key concepts understandable. You learn the importance of shareholder value initiatives and ways your decisions can help your organization create greater value. Ideal for senior-level and mid-level executives, managers in non-finance-related functional areas, managers new to the finance function, and managers seeking to brush up on financial concepts.
- Introduction to financial accounting
- Building financial acumen
- Identifying the essential elements of value creation
- Use essential financial management tools to interpret basic financial statements
- Gain a solid understanding of the factors that determine your organization's cost of capital and their effect on value creation
- Knowledge of how specific strategic actions affect financial statements such as the balance sheet and income statement
Who should attend
Managers in non-finance-related functional areas, managers newly joining the finance function, and those managers seeking to review concepts previously encountered