Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Entry-level to senior HR professionals
- Global HR managers
- Employee relations managers
- Generalists seeking to move into a specialized role
- EEO, compliance and security professionals conducting internal employee-related investigations
About the course
Learn techniques, tools, processes and skills for facilitating conflict using a collaborative problem solving approach for resolving one-on-one conflicts. Topics and tools focus on problem solving, listening and messaging skills, conflict styles, neutral issue statements, de-escalating emotions, developing options, facilitating and gaining commitment.
Conflict in the workplace is inevitable. Learning and applying key problem-solving skills can help you make conflict more manageable for everyone.
In this course, you'll learn techniques, tools, processes, and skills for facilitating conflict using a collaborative problem-solving approach for resolving one-on-one conflicts. Topics and tools focus on problem solving, listening and messaging skills, conflict styles, neutral issue statements, de-escalating emotions, developing options, and facilitating and gaining commitment.
It is recommended to take CO251 Effective Employee Relations before taking this workshop.
Key Course Takeaways
- Understand and apply methods and tools for problem solving and resolving one-on-one conflicts
- Focus on listening to gain clarity, navigate conflict styles, identify issues, develop options, gain commitment, and follow through
- Learn how to identify skills capacity and develop employee problem-solving conflict skills
- Apply new skills and participate in networking through virtual breakout rooms
Susan Brecher, currently the Director of HR Dispute Management and Resolution Certificate and Curriculum/Training Design is an employment practices attorney and expert in training and curriculum design for both online and classroom based workshops. She has broad experience in advising, consultin...
Katrina Nobles is the Director of Conflict Programs for the Scheinman Institute on Conflict Resolution at the Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations, focusing on educating the next generation of neutrals and practitioners on campus and in the workplace. Nobles designs curricu...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.