Who should attend
HR, ER, LR Professionals and people managers who are handling employee conflicts.
About the course
Learn techniques, tools, processes and skills for facilitating conflict using a collaborative problem solving approach for resolving one-on-one conflicts. Topics and tools focus on problem solving, listening and messaging skills, conflict styles, neutral issue statements, de-escalating emotions, developing options, facilitating and gaining commitment.
This workshop will be offered as live virtual sessions along with assignments and interactive independent activities.
- The live virtual learning sessions with the expert instructors will include discussions, responding to questions, learning about practices in other organizations and small group breakout room activities, responding to questions, sharing practices within other organizations, a whole group stop action case study that will be used to apply the tools and approach.
- You will also be expected to plan sufficient time to complete additional assignments that will prepare you for the sessions. The time expected will not exceed the equivalent of 12 training hours.
- The live sessions will be open prior to the scheduled start time to allow participants to network with each other in break out rooms.
- A step-by-step method for problem solving conflicts
- Listening and messaging for handling conflicts
- Identifying your conflict style and styles of others
- Breakout rooms for applying learnings and networking
What You'll Learn
- Understand and apply a method of facilitating and resolving one-on-one conflicts
- Focus on listening to gain clarity, conflict styles, identifying issues, developing options and gaining commitment
- Learn how to identify skills capacity and develop employee problem solving conflict skills
- Collaborative problem solving methodology and guide
- Conflict tools for listening to allow individuals to gain clarity about their own conflict, developing options for resolving and gaining agreement
- Conflict Strategy Selection Tool
Susan Brecher, currently the Director of HR Dispute Management and Resolution Certificate and Curriculum/Training Design is an employment practices attorney and expert in training and curriculum design for both online and classroom based workshops. She has broad experience in advising, consultin...
Katrina Nobles is the Director of Conflict Programs for the Scheinman Institute on Conflict Resolution at the Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations, focusing on educating the next generation of neutrals and practitioners on campus and in the workplace. Nobles designs curricu...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.