Executive Program in Corporate Strategy
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Booth School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Strengthen yourself as a leader by adding strategic value to your company. Translate objectives into an execution plan across multiple units, learn how to coordinate and communicate corporate strategy, and evaluate your strategy to combat competition.
In today's turbulent business world, leaders find themselves in a complex competitive environment where corporate strategy is more critical than ever before. Those who are able to think strategically and predict the impact of industry evolution are able to make competitive shifts and maintain profitability.
In this program, executives will learn techniques to understand the competitive structure of an industry and a company's competitive advantage. Participants will analyze various strategic decisions, including positioning, pricing, new venture, technology, and diversification. In addition, the program will look at how organizational structure impacts effective strategy development and implementation.
Participants will apply the program material to define long-term strategic objectives and initiatives and will translate these objectives into an execution road-map.
By attending this program, you will:
- Improve your strategic planning process.
- Translate strategic objectives into an execution plan.
- Develop systems for coordinating strategy across units.
- Use game theory reasoning to analyze strategic decisions.
Industry Analysis and Positioning
- Economic framework for analyzing the structure of your industry
- How the competitive position determines a firm's performance
Competitive Advantage, Sustainability, and Entry
- How capabilities and assets determine competitive advantage
- Effects of competition on competitive advantage and entry decisions
- Resource allocation and coordination between business units
- Optimal scope in terms of diversification and vertical integration
- Effective organization and management of multi-unit companies
Strategic Scenario Analysis and Game Theory
- Integrate game theory and scenario analysis into a decision model
- Interaction among firms in concentrated industries where reactions and counter-reactions are anticipated
- Defining long-term and strategic objectives and initiatives
- Translating strategic objectives into an execution plan
- Relationship between competitive strategy and organizational structure and resources that enable implementation
- Organizational mechanisms required for effective implementation
New Venture Strategy
- Analysis of new business opportunities
- Analyze future competition for products which do not exist
- Unique issues for technology industries
- The impact technology shifts have on strategy across industries
Strategic Thinking and Decision Making
- How to develop and analyze unique, creative strategies
- Utilizing decision models and avoiding decision traps
Who should attend
This program is for senior-level executives and general managers who are responsible for the formulation and implementation of corporate strategy in a multi-national firm.
Titles include: president, CEO, CFO, vice president, director, partner, and senior manager.