Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Are a seasoned management professional operating at senior management or executive level within an existing corporate business or high-growth greenfield development.
- Have proven management and leadership talent, identified as high potential.
- Lead a company, division, international subsidiary, business unit or major function.
- Are looking for a learning experience that will stimulate, challenge and develop self-reliance and keep you on the cutting edge of global leadership.
About the course
The UCT GSB Executive Development Programme is a high-impact short course designed to equip senior leaders with the strategic thinking, innovative mind-set and values-based leadership needed to ensure long-term competitive advantage for their organisations.
Discover new ways of thinking
Today’s organisations need innovative thinkers to build sustainable businesses with a competitive edge. The UCT GSB’s Executive Development Programme will advance your capacity to leverage core competencies, stay ahead through innovation and pursue heroic goals despite resource constraints.
The programme assumes that, as a senior manager or executive, you already understand your strengths and weaknesses and have the necessary management skills. Rather than focusing on traditional functional and personal development therefore, the EDP takes a novel approach to learning and un-learning. You will be required to shed mental models that are no longer effective and develop new ways of thinking, acting and being.
The UCT GSB is a globally-accredited business school with a world-class reputation and is one of just 89 business schools in the world to be triple-crown accredited.
Delegates on the Executive Development Programme will gain:
- Greater insight into strategy, results-based leadership and values-based leadership
- The ability to manage complexity and change
- Access to best leadership practices and the latest strategies for sustaining a competitive edge
- An awareness and understanding of leadership in an emerging market
- Greater creativity and innovation in leadership
- An understanding of reputation management and the ability to guide the concept in the workplace
- An opportunity to expand your network
What does the Programme Focuse on?
The Executive Development Programme provides an important opportunity to learn from other leaders, across industries, through lectures, case studies, syndicate discussions, as well as interaction with faculty, other participants and guest speakers. Delegates will broaden and deepen their understanding of an ever-changing South African, African, and global economy.
Course content includes:
- The dynamic business environment
- Results-based leadership
- Globalisation of business
- New perspectives on strategy
- Building successful strategic alliances
- Creating the markets of tomorrow
- Innovation for competitive advantage
- Unlocking the power of reputation management
M.Phil in Higher Education (UCT) M.Phil in Applied Theology (Pretoria) Paul is the youngest ever recipient of the UCT Distinguished Teacher's Award, in recognition of a continued record of excellence in teaching. He has taught the two days of Finance on the Standard Bank Masterclass in Strate...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.