Who should attend
- Supply Chain professionals, looking for a comprehensive Supply Chain Management course which covers the most crucial topics in SC Management Experience
- Supply Chain professionals, who conduct business based on their “gut feeling” and are looking for a structured approach
- Technical profiles who switched from a technical role towards a commercial role
- High potentials who want to be well prepared for their next step in their career Profiles in products or services organisation, SMEs or big companies
About the course
Do you need to connect supply chain design with supply chain management and logistics? Do you face the challenges in international distribution with confidence? Are you looking to master supply chain management?
If you are looking for a comprehensive education in the most current topics in Supply Chain Management, this programme will help you acquire the knowledge, insights and skills.
Why This Programme?
What is the added value of following the 'Excellence in Supply Chain Management' programme?
- gain insight into the strategic role of the supply chain manager
- develop a supply chain strategy, including views from purchasing, production, operations, distribution & warehousing, marketing & sales
- understand the supply chain dynamics and learn how to manage and mitigate risk
- hold the instruments to redesign or dramatically improve your supply chain
- learn from practical business cases, top-notch faculty and guest speakers
Your company will:
- create a competitive advantage through improving your supply chains
- understand the impact of improved supply chain performance on the overall profitability of the business
- identify, analyse, manage and mitigate risks related to supply chain practices
- position supply chain as a cross-functional theme and reap the benefits from supply chain integration with finance, marketing, sales, operations…
- engage with customers and suppliers on sustainability
The programme ‘Excellence in Supply Chain Management’ comprises 4 modules:
Module 1: Strategy and planning for an effective supply chain
- Understanding supply chain dynamics
- Using your supply chain to create a competitive advantage
- Supply chain segmentation
- Planning and managing inventories in a supply chain
- Integrated supply chain planning
Module 2: Structuring the global supply chain
- Developing a strategy for distribution logistics
- Global integration and local responsiveness
- Service level agreements (SLAs) for outsourced services
Module 3: Managing cross-functional supply chains
- Integrated sales and operations planning (S&OP)
- Understanding supply chain cost and financial performance
- Organising for supply chain management
Module 4: Managing agile and sustainable supply chains
- Understand and manage global supply chain complexity and risk
- Supply chain sustainability
Ann advises you on the supply chain that best fits your strategy and your products. Ann Vereecke is Professor of Operations and Supply Chain Management at Vlerick Business School and Ghent University. She is Partner and Faculty Dean of Vlerick Business School. She graduated as an engineer at Ghen...
Improving your Operations and Supply Chain Management to achieve superior bottom-line performance. Robert Boute is Professor Operations Management at Vlerick Business School. He teaches operations and supply chain management in the degree programs at Vlerick (both full time and executive MBA). F...
Behzad believes in the importance of rigorous quantitative analysis in making business decisions. He combines mathematical optimisation and revenue management techniques to achieve the best performance in health care and energy management. Behzad Samii is Full Professor of Operations and Supply C...
Dr Bram Desmet is Adjunct Professor in Operations & Supply Chain Management at Vlerick Business School. He holds a Master’s degree in Mathematics (Ghent University, 1998), an Executive MBA (Vlerick, 2004) and a PhD in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research (Ghent University, 2009). Fr...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.