This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
If you are new to management or aspiring to become a leader, the Essentials for Managers Certificate Program will help you assess and develop your leadership style and realize your role and responsibilities to build credibility and support. In ten weeks, you’ll develop the essential leadership skills that will help you improve performance through empowerment and effective delegation.
Taught by experts in their field, this practical course examines the functions of planning, organizing and leading, and translates these essential management activities into the skills necessary to perform successfully in today’s competitive workplace.
Ten Sessions (Must attend 8/10)
- Developing Your Leadership Skills
- Managing & Participating in Work Teams
- Your Management Style & Working Relationships
- Managing & Resolving Conflict
- Conducting Performance Appraisals & Motivating Your Employees
- Planning & Delegating for Time Management
- Enhancing Your Personal Communication
- Understanding Employment Law
- Career/Life Balance
- Resiliency Training
What will this course prepare me to do?
- Lead your team with confidence and self-assurance
- Delegate assignments and monitor performance
- Manage time and meetings with ease
- Develop strong, results-oriented teams
- Resolve conflict between employees
Who should attend
- A new manager developing your leadership style
- A talented professional aiming for a management role
- A manager. Enroll your high-potential employees!
Trust the experts
MarkD. Bennett, principal in Decision Resources, Inc. has a consulting practice focused on organization health and unity through values-based decision making, wise planning, and building a culture of dialogue and collaboration. He is the coauthor of A Field Guide to Good Decisions: Values in Acti...
I began my training career in 1984 when I lived in Brazil, specializing in preparing exchange students for the changes they would encounter when they traveled abroad. It was then that I discovered that creating and delivering customized trainings is a passion. In 1991, at the recommendation of a...
Linda Strauss Linda Strauss is a Human Resources (HR) professional with over 20 years of experience. As a consultant, Ms. Strauss provides clients with the training, strategic HR programs, coaching, infrastructure, and knowledge necessary to manage employment issues with comfort, confidence, and ...
Amelia “Amie” P. Nelson earned a Juris doctorate with honors from Drake University School of Law in 2002. Following graduation, she was selected as a judicial law clerk for the Ninth Judicial District Court in the State of Minnesota in 2002, and for the Fifth Judicial District Court in the State...
Dr. Robert G. (Rob) DelCampo, is the inaugural Executive Director of the University of New Mexico Innovation Academy. Rob has strong roots in New Mexico and the University of New Mexico Community. He grew up in Las Cruces, graduating from Las Cruces High School before moving to Albuquerque to at...