Who should attend
- Portfolio managers and support personnel
- wealth managers
- investors and financial advisors.
About the course
Develop core competencies in portfolio management, including portfolio construction and performance measurement.
This course is a component of the Portfolio Management Professional Certificate.
- Intermediate MS Excel skills
- Basic probablility and statistics
- Familiarity with equity valuation concepts
MODULE 1: REVIEW OF EQUITY VALUATION TECHNIQUES
- Importance and quality of earnings
- Present value models
- Multiples based valuation
- Asset-based valuation models
- Industry and company analysis
MODULE 2: EQUITY STRATEGIES: FROM STOCK PICKING TO PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
- Structuring an equity portfolio
- Use of indexes
- Translating information into investment ideas
- Hedging with options
- Short selling
- Growth strategies
- Value strategies
- Blended strategies
MODULE 3: MODERN PORTFOLIO THEORY
- Systematic vs. Idiosyncratic Risk
- Deriving beta
** WHAT YOU'LL LEARN**
- Develop hands-on strategies for stock selection
- Understand the risk and return chracteristcs of a number of equity strategies
- Learn how to measure portfolio performance
- Learn portfolio performance attribution techniques
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.