Who should attend
- Portfolio managers and support personnel
- wealth managers and financial advisors.
About the course
Learn how to construct and manage fixed income portfolios using the latest tools and techniques.
This course is a component of the Portfolio Management Professional Certificate.
- Intermediate MS Excel skills
- Basic probablility and statistics
- Familiarity with fixed income instruments and concepts (e.g. forward rates, duration, convexity, etc.)
MODULE 1: REVIEW OF FIXED INCOME CONCEPTS
- Fixed income arithmetic
- Fixed income instruments
- Term structures of rates and yields
- How are bonds traded?
- Fixed income risk: Duration and Convexity
- Corporate bonds: Credit risk
MODULE 2: PASSIVE FIXED INCOME PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
- Fixed income indexes
- Index funds and replication techniques
- Tracking error minimization
- Cash flow matching Immunization techniques
MODULE 3: ACTIVE FIXED INCOME PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
- Rate prediction strategies
- Yield curve strategies
- Interest rate scenario analysis
- Credit strategies
- Tactical allocation strategies
- Relative value stategies
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Understand active and passive fixed income portfolio management strategies
- Understand the dynamic nature of the yield curve and its implications for portfolio management
- Correctly implement a variety of yield curve strategies
- Manage risks in a fixed income portfolio
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.