Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with New York Institute of Finance.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Understand the structure and operation of hedge funds and the regulation of the hedge fund industry. Learn how to evaluate hedge fund performance.
This course is a component of the Portfolio Management Professional Certificate.
- Intermediate MS Excel skills
- Basic probablility and statistics
MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION TO HEDGE FUNDS
- Traditional investments and aslternative assets
- Role of hedge funds in an investor's portfolio
- History of the industry
- Size and growth of the Industry
MODULE 2: HEDGE FUND OPERATIONS
- Governing regulations
- Legal structures
- Outside service providers
- Prime brokerage
MODULE 3: HEDGE FUND STRATEGIES
- Market directional
- Corporate restructuring
- Convergence trading
- Opportunistic strategies
MODULE 4: ISSUES FOR HEDGE FUND INVESTORS
- Who can invest in hedge funds
- Due diligence
- Portfolio monitoring
- Benchmarks and biases
- Risks for hedge funds
- Fund of funds
- Portfolio construction
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Who invests in hedge funds and why?
- Distinguish among the different types and styles of hedge funds
- Understand the prevalent hedge fund strategies and the implications for diversified portfolio performance
Who should attend
- Portfolio managers and support personnel
- family office personnel
- wealth managers i
- private bankers and financial advisors.