Who should attend
Executives who have recently made the move, or who are about to make the move from an individual contributor to a manager of direct reports.
About the course
Unleash Your Leadership Potential
The transition from an individual contributor to manager is one of the most difﬁcult, yet critical shifts in any leader's career. Most new managers are promoted for their exceptional performance as an individual. However, being an effective manager demands a deeper awareness of one's leadership impact and ability to drive team performance.
This programme is designed to help rising leaders identify and refine their personal leadership styles, develop their emotional intelligence, and acquire the skills that will enable them to bring out the best in others.
Over five days, you will gain perspectives on how you are perceived, learn to connect with others, and identify areas of growth. The programme also includes a small group coaching session that will help you establish a personal development plan that you can implement within a three to five-year timeframe for sustained career advancement.
- Group coaching with a personal development plan
- Leading versus managing
- Influencing your boss and your subordinates
- Change as a process of influence
- Understand the responsibilities of a supervisor or new manager
- Gain leadership skills such as communication, conflict resolution, teambuilding and change management
- Learn how to influence with and without power at the workplace
- Learn how to navigate the political environment in organisations
- Become adept at providing effective feedback and mentoring to subordinates
Doctor Vivien Lim is the Professor and Deputy Head of the Department of Management and Organization at National University of Singapore (NUS) Business School. She obtained her PhD in Organisational Behaviour from the University of Pittsburgh. She is currently Editor-in-Chief of Applied Psychology...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.