Effective Strategic Planning in a Global Competitive Environment Coaching, Leadership, Motivation & Dynamic Team Building
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
Strategic planning is best done when a company looks at its past, present, and future in light of its related environment. It is the process of thinking about the company and its related environment as an integrated whole. A process during which an executive "planning team" is organized to consider three key questions on a continuous basis:
- What is our business?
- Where do we wish to arrive, and when?
- How do we get from here to there?
If you are implementing your strategic planning in an organizational environment that is already employee-oriented, with a high level of trust, you start the strategic planning implementation with a huge plus. An additional plus is an organization that already thinks strategically.
Unfortunately, the implementation of strategic planning most frequently occurs as an organization moves from being traditionally reactionary to strategic. So, often, learning to think strategically is part of the strategic planning implementation learning curve.
Having a dynamic team and with proper leadership qualities in the team will make it easier for the organization to implement and execute the strategy plan developed for the organization.
This is what is learn during the training program for developing, implementation and execution plans in a systematic way using the Model taught.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Know what is strategic management and execution
- Apply the various steps in strategic management
- Develop strategic planning process and it’s system
- Create vision, mission, purpose, core values and goals
- Effectively apply SWOT analysis
- Know the Leadership qualities and style needed in the organization
- Effectively know task environment and one to one needs analysis
- Organize a dynamic team for the implementation and execution of the strategic plans
- Learn the Coaching methodology and its application to manage effective team
Module 1 – Strategic Planning
- What is Strategy? – The Concept. The Language
- Strategy Management in organization
- Understanding the Strategic Planning Process
- Core Values
- The Heart of the Organization
- Working with Purpose
Module 2 – Strategic Thinking
- Looking Back
- What’s happening now?
- Key Critical Success Factors
- The Vision
- Strategic Vision
- The Mission
Module 3 – Emergent Strategy
- Emergent Strategy defined
- Creating the right environment
- Process Skills
- Developing integrated strategy
- Exercise: Drafting a Strategic Plans for the organization.
Module 4 –Task Environment for Dynamic TEAM
- The Role of the Strategic Management Team
- The Role of the Operations Management Team
- Dynamic Team’s competency tools for strategic planning.
Module 5– Strategic Planning Audit – Customers
- Defining your Market
- Market Segmentation
- Applying 80:20 Market Share
- Critical Success Factors
- Target Market penetration
- Identifying Opportunities
Module 6– Strategic Planning Audit – Competitors
- Analysis of Competitive Positioning through Prioritizing of Key Competitors; Key Competency Areas; Key Clients, and Future Plans of your Competitors
- Your Company’s rating on Critical Success Factors (Market Attractiveness and Directional Policy Matrix)
Module 7– SWOT Analysis
- Strengths & Weaknesses
- Opportunities & Threats
- Understanding Strengths & Weaknesses, based on Strategic Auditing.
Module 8 - Establishing Objectives and Strategies for Three Years and One Year
- Objectives and Strategies for the Organization based on SWOT Analysis
- Practical Frameworks on: Gap Analysis; Ansoff Matrix; Directional Policy Matrix, and Market Attractiveness (Portfolio Analysis)
Module 9 – Implementation Plan: Actions, Key Performance Indicators and Strategic Plan Consolidation.
- Actions to match objectives and strategies set for product market areas of business over the next three and one year.
- The final Strategic Plan
- Layout of the Plan
- A Strategic Plan Template
Module 10 - Transformational Leadership
- Optimizing creative thinking in managing change
- Seeking strategic partners in managing change
- Adopting a System approach in managing change
- 4E’s Leadership Lessons from GE’s Leadership of Jack Welch
- Winning Leadership Formula
- Top 9 Leadership Skills
Module 11 – Motivation and Coaching in the Global competitive environment
- Motivate your people and positive feedback
- Motivation theory and its’ application
- Coaching techniques in Global competitive environment
- Step by Step process and format.
- Interpersonal skills
Module 12 – Implementation and Execution activities
- Stages and review activities plans
- Presentation of the each team
- Review and evaluation
## Course Methodology
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
All managers and supervisors who wish to improve their Delegation, management of time, and those whose effective use of time is a critical factor affecting