Effective Presentation Skills
Develop your presentation skills to transform yourself from inexperienced speaker to skilled presenter through planning and practice. Learn how to captivate your audience and improve at presenting your ideas with conviction, control and without fear. Do you freeze up at the thought of having to make a presentation? You'll gain the skills to put together a compelling presentation and deliver it from short notes, making eye contact, breathing appropriately and speaking slowly with assurance while communicating matters effectively, engagingly and persuasively.
Register to this intensive 3-day presentation skills training programme focused on practical learning, designed and facilitated by business people that understand your challenges and will guide you to find effective solutions.
Your immediate takeway:
- Structure presentations with a beginning, middle and end
- Know how to captivate and engage your audience
- Deliver with confidence and get techniques to bring vitality, interest and clarity to your presentation.
This presentation skills training course combines proven-by-practice methods that will grow your presentation competency. You’ll receive expert advice on how to handle especially challenging situations by making actual presentations, exercises, and case applications.
How will you benefit?
After taking this programme, you will be able to:
- Tailor your presentation to your audience
- Use relaxation techniques to overcome nervousness
- Learn how to project your voice and use pauses to dramatize your point
- Expertly handle difficult questions and situations
- Communicate with clarity and conviction
- Gain confidence in your presentation skills
During this programme you will:
- Network and learn from a diverse group of peers from different functions, industries and countries
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practice using real-world examples over 3 interactive days
Special Feature: Your presentations will be recorded for playback and review. You can track your presentation skills by seeing for yourself what comes across to an audience. It's a great way to get instant feedback and helpful recommendations.
What will you learn and practice?
Effective Presentation Skills is a 3-day hands-on training programme, highly interactive with exercises and role plays. The programme will be led by an experienced facilitator with large presentation experience in international companies.
Balancing Verbal and Nonverbal Messages
- Practice nonverbal impact skills to reduce nervousness and to engage the attention of your listeners
- Make your content clearer and more memorable
Developing and Organizing Presentation Content
- Create an audience profile and set presentation parameters
- Condense a speech outline into notes you can speak from
Preparing to Give the Presentation
- Get expert presentation tips on rehearsing, adhering to a time frame and speaking from notes
- Reduce stress and speaker’s anxiety
Using Visual Aids and Support Materials
- Describe the purpose of visual aids and support materials
- Identify tips for effective composition of visual content and speaker aids
Handling Questions from the Audience
- Explain the importance of the question-and-answer session
- Respond professionally to questions from the audience
Managing the Presentation Environment
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of different room setups
- Be able to anticipate, avoid and handle equipment problems
Who should attend
If you are a business professional who needs to develop their presentation skills, speak in front of groups, pitch ideas to colleagues or management, or have little or no experience presenting in public, this programme is for you.