Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
If you are a business professional who needs to develop their presentation skills, speak in front of groups, pitch ideas to colleagues or management, or have little or no experience presenting in public, this programme is for you.
About the course
Develop your presentation skills to transform yourself from inexperienced speaker to skilled presenter through planning and practice. Learn how to captivate your audience and improve at presenting your ideas with conviction, control and without fear. Do you freeze up at the thought of having to make a presentation? You'll gain the skills to put together a compelling presentation and deliver it from short notes, making eye contact, breathing appropriately and speaking slowly with assurance while communicating matters effectively, engagingly and persuasively.
Register to this intensive 3-day presentation skills training programme focused on practical learning, designed and facilitated by business people that understand your challenges and will guide you to find effective solutions.
Your immediate takeway:
- Structure presentations with a beginning, middle and end
- Know how to captivate and engage your audience
- Deliver with confidence and get techniques to bring vitality, interest and clarity to your presentation.
This presentation skills training course combines proven-by-practice methods that will grow your presentation competency. You’ll receive expert advice on how to handle especially challenging situations by making actual presentations, exercises, and case applications.
How will you benefit?
After taking this programme, you will be able to:
- Tailor your presentation to your audience
- Use relaxation techniques to overcome nervousness
- Learn how to project your voice and use pauses to dramatize your point
- Expertly handle difficult questions and situations
- Communicate with clarity and conviction
- Gain confidence in your presentation skills
During this programme you will:
- Network and learn from a diverse group of peers from different functions, industries and countries
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practice using real-world examples over 3 interactive days
Special Feature: Your presentations will be recorded for playback and review. You can track your presentation skills by seeing for yourself what comes across to an audience. It's a great way to get instant feedback and helpful recommendations.
What will you learn and practice?
Effective Presentation Skills is a 3-day hands-on training programme, highly interactive with exercises and role plays. The programme will be led by an experienced facilitator with large presentation experience in international companies.
Balancing Verbal and Nonverbal Messages
- Practice nonverbal impact skills to reduce nervousness and to engage the attention of your listeners
- Make your content clearer and more memorable
Developing and Organizing Presentation Content
- Create an audience profile and set presentation parameters
- Condense a speech outline into notes you can speak from
Preparing to Give the Presentation
- Get expert presentation tips on rehearsing, adhering to a time frame and speaking from notes
- Reduce stress and speaker’s anxiety
Using Visual Aids and Support Materials
- Describe the purpose of visual aids and support materials
- Identify tips for effective composition of visual content and speaker aids
Handling Questions from the Audience
- Explain the importance of the question-and-answer session
- Respond professionally to questions from the audience
Managing the Presentation Environment
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of different room setups
- Be able to anticipate, avoid and handle equipment problems
Bettina Hausmann helps professionals optimise their Communication and Leadership skills for improved results. She has twenty years’ experience advising high-level corporate and public clients, and longs training experience. Bettina is a qualified executive coach. Professional background Bettina ...
Originally from New York, Tamara brings to MCE more than thirty years of international corporate experience in Coaching, Training, Banking, and Financial Services. Her career is characterized by stepping outside of her comfort zone to embrace new challenges and expertise – first-hand experiences ...
Hanna is a facilitator, trainer and consultant with 20 years of experience in Line Management, Consulting and HR. Her core expertise is in Organizational Change programs through Performance Management, Training and Communications. She has experience of major change initiatives working on all leve...
Accomplished in Organisational Development, leading and project managing strategic transformation and HR review programmes and C-Suite Facilitation. I am committed to adding value to an organisation and I draw on my knowledge and lessons learned as a company director, executive board member, busi...
Andreas gathered experience both in academics (about 5 years) as well as in business where he occupied various positions during his 10 years in the manufacturing industry and more than 12 years in the oil & gas industry. He developed international management and leadership skills due to the f...
Erik spent 30 years in multinational organizations competing in the global IT industry. Starting off after university with a Master degree in electronical engineering from the Catholic University of Leuven, he developed as an experienced business professional and commercially-oriented people mana...
Luna has lived and worked across the GCC and Levant Region since 2004. She continues to have an evolving career living her purpose work. She has delivered countless seminars, speaking engagements and panels to over 20,000 clients, 50+ nationalities, from a variety of organizations. Including; Oil...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.