Who should attend
- Executives and senior managers from all business areas and professionals who strive to develop a strategic understanding of digital marketing strategy and transform their organisation from within, with the customer at the centre
- Team leaders and managers seeking to develop and integrate cutting-edge digital marketing practices into their business processes and corporate culture
- Executives seeking to develop new sustainable, data-driven business models, manage change and extract value out of changing markets in a digital world
- Executives aiming to drive digital initiatives in their company or industry
- Executives coming in groups/teams to collaborate on Action Learning Projects tailored to their organisation’s context
About the course
Executing Impactful Digital Strategies
Becoming a successful marketing strategist in the digital age requires mastering three brand new customer-focused skills.
First, you need to understand when and how to leverage the latest analytics technology, from Big Data to AI or IoT, and continuously uncover novel “live” insights about the customer and the marketplace. Second, you need to effectively transform these insights into new customer value by generating outstanding experiences along the customer journey. Finally, the key to your future success as a business leader is your ability to shape a customer-centric marketing organisation equipped to select, experiment and scale the use of successive waves of technologies such as social media, robotics or blockchain within your product or service strategies.
Digital technologies are the transformational forces that have shaped the way we communicate, consume, work, buy and sell and have profoundly disrupted how we do business. To address new customer needs effectively today’s marketing leaders must rethink their approaches.
Driving Digital Marketing Strategy will take you on a learning journey to develop your skills to become a successful marketing strategist and achieve business success by creating and delivering new customer value. You will explore the challenges and opportunities of digital disruptions around your customers and learn new strategic data-driven skills to empower you to make better business decisions for future growth. This programme will also enable you to effectively design and deploy bold and competitive marketing strategies around the customer in the digital age.
How you benefit
- Learn how to create and deliver value and secure sustainable competitive advantage
- Acquire basic analytical skills around "big" customer data to inform marketing strategy effectiveness throughout the customer funnel
- Strategically monitor and create content to generate stronger engagement with customers online. Effectively manage online crises
- Effectively implement and execute a digital marketing strategy in your organisation by recognising and untilising key drivers.
The programme content is delivered over 5 weeks requiring you to work on multiple levels. Each week develops one part of the financial analysis framework, addressing overall the three following topics:
- Technological game changers and the changing customer behaviour
- Three transformational shifts in marketing strategy
- Product-centric perspective to customer-centric perspective
Agile Marketing Organisation
- Technological solutions driving customer value for different segments and markets
- Customer-centric digital marketing organisations
- Digital solutions to improve marketing speed and efficiency
Customer Value Creation - Analytics
- Leverage “big” data to generate customer insights
- Basic, powerful analytical skills around “big” customer data
- Measure the effectiveness of a marketing strategy
Customer Value Creation - Experiences
- Powerful customer experiences along the customer journey
- Strategic importance of online content in the digital age
- Turn your organisation into a content powerhouse
From Strategy to Execution
- Appreciation for the design of a digital marketing organisation
- Roles, structures, and movements required to drive effective change
- Manage internal change in organisational structure, leadership, processes, governance etc.
Action Learning Project
Your Action Learning Project (ALP) is a unique opportunity to apply your learning to your own business context. The ALP will take you on a step-by-step journey in which you will identify a non-trivial, yet manageable, business challenge, which can serve as a realistic platform to put in practice the key concepts acquired in Driving Digital Marketing Strategy programme.
Working directly with a learning coach, you will design the ALP that best fits with your personal learning objectives. If you are part of a team attending the programme with colleagues from the same organisation, you have the option to work with your coach to structure a more ambitious team ALP to collaborate and work on together.
There are three phases to the ALP process:
- First, you will agree on the scope of your ALP with the learning coach, to make sure it aligns with the learning objectives of the programme and culminates in a concrete goal.
- Second, in each of the five content weeks, you will apply the tools and concepts from that week to your ALP.
- Third, following the completion of the course work you will synthesize your weekly submissions to propose a concrete strategic recommendation based on solid financial analysis. Your final submission will be subject to peer review. All participants will review two to four other submissions and provide peer feedback.
- Apply programme concepts to address a digital challenge in your own personal or business context
- Understand, through your interactions with digital coaches, the importance of managing the customerbusiness interface in any digital marketing strategy
- Practice the methods and develop the mind-set needed to develop digital marketing capabilities in your context.
David Dubois is an Associate Professor of Marketing at INSEAD with expertise in (1) how organizations can leverage and integrate digital and social media dynamics to create novel value, and (2) how luxury and fashion brands can create sustainable competitive advantages by leveraging status and st...
Joerg Niessing is an Affiliate Professor of Marketing at INSEAD and is passionate about bridging the academic and the business world on topics related to marketing, branding and digitization. He holds a PhD in Marketing from the University of Muenster. His credentials do not only come from his ac...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.