Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- People Managers, Functional Managers, Divisional Leaders, and Executives
- Employee Resource Group Leaders
- Human Resource Practitioners
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Leaders
About the course
With the rise of globalization, relevant leaders understand how to adapt to the world’s changing demographics. This online program explores the virtues of fostering a more diverse workplace. Considering the moral imperative to create more equitable teams, it will also explore the business imperative to foster the inclusion required to generate greater innovation. You will learn how to replace the biases and privileges that persist in the business world with the diversity, equity, and inclusion skills leaders need for the future.
How You Will Benefit
- Articulate the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion moral and business case for resistant stakeholders
- Examine biases and how to manage them
- Identify privileges in the workplace
- Practice ways to use privilege to elevate others
- Survey techniques for intervening when exclusionary behavior arises
Day One – Making the Argument
- The Intersection of DEI and Leadership for the 21st Century
- Building the Moral Case for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Building the Business Case for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Day Two – Developing Authentic Leadership
- Examining Your Professional Biases
- Diversifying Your Business Thinking
- Identifying Your Workplace Privileges
Day Three – Using Your Power
- Using Your Workplace Privileges to Benefit Others
- Encouraging Other Teammates to Practice Self-Reflection
- Managing Intercultural Conflict
Justin Ponder, Ph.D. is a professor at Marion University in Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin. He teaches courses on ethnic studies, African American studies, and ethnic minority literature. He is published in numerous journals and books on the issue of race and identity politics, exploring the ways to brid...
Deanna Singh is a business consultant, speaker, and podcaster who is internationally recognized for her work in leadership, diversity, equity, and inclusion. Deanna helps clients create more equitable and inclusive work environments and engage more authentically within their internal and external...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.