Who should attend
For those in a supply chain, operations or leadership role, this is a unique opportunity to update and broaden your knowledge of the new technologies impacting supply chains and complex operational processes.
Additionally, anyone who wishes to enter the supply chain management discipline, or have a related background in areas such as project management, communication, technology, accounting or logistics will improve their understanding of digital advancements available to specific links of the chain, as well as a more holistic view of the end-to-end process.
About the course
Advances in technology are radically impacting global supply chains transforming how businesses manage their own organizational and supply chain structures.
For those who manage critical, multi-step stages of operations, it can be overwhelming to keep pace with changes that are happening to every link in the supply chain while continuing to create value for the company. Our Mini-MBA: Digital Supply Chain Management will help you understand the digital impact on processes, identify where your organization is vulnerable to disruption, and leverage new technological solutions to business integration.
The Mini-MBA™: Digital Supply Chain Management certificate program, is led by a team of top industry experts and faculty from Rutgers Business School Supply Chain department and will present a new business model for Supply Chain in a Digitized Network. Through case studies, interactive sessions, and class exercises, participants will learn about the latest research, future trends and best practices in the industry.
- Learn how to better manage the critical roles of business operational components, including logistics, procurement, inventory and vendor management.
- Gain new ways of managing, integrating and analyzing the comprehensive inputs into the chain.
- Learn from industry experts who are fluent in the modern tools of supply chain processes and will focus on real-world application, not just business theory.
- Modernize your process by employing a holistic strategy. Learn how to map across process ecosystems for better prediction of disruption, and implement solutions that can avert impact on production.
- Elevate your contributions across the organization with clear articulation of the critical impact of efficient operational processes, including increase in revenue, improved customer experience and greater visibility.
- Communicate to stakeholders the complexity and commercial impact of successful supply chain management, the ROI of mastering digital flow, and the bottom-line impact of sustainable delivery systems.
Featuring  modules (each covered in [3.5] hours), this program will empower you with critical knowledge of tools and processes key to successful supply chain management. Topics include:
- The Impact of Global Economics. Manage the globalization of supply chains. Leverage technology to identify new sources of revenue, gain a clear vision of where demand is emerging, and see how best to source supply.
- Building Resilient Organizations. Design organizations that can respond quickly to disruptive events by improving recovery rate and minimizing impact to your company’s success.
- The Green Value Chain. Implement green initiatives that can raise productivity, enhance customer and supplier relations, support innovation and propel new growth.
- Innovation and Agile Development in a Digital Age. Evolve from a plan-then-execute philosophy to a constant cycle of innovation and refinement. Understand the risks and rewards of product creation and R&D in the digital age.
Dr. Lyons conducts research on developing and integrating global environmental, social, economic, ethical criteria and data into supply chain/procurement systems and processes. His research work includes the environmental and economic impacts on raw material extraction, logistics, manufacturing, ...
Eric joined the faculty at RBS following a 32-year career in industry and consulting. Prior to academia, he worked in industry as a manufacturing engineer with General Electric Company and then as a marketing manager with Digital Equipment’s Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) Product Develop...
Dr. Langdana's areas of specialization include monetary and fiscal theory and international trade and global macroeconomic policy. His research deals with macroeconomic experimentation and the role of stabilization policy in an expectations-driven economy. He has published several articles as wel...
Bob brings a wealth of diverse, general operations and business background as an executive at large corporations such as Carlson Wagonlit Travel, Thomson Reuters, Ceridian and Deluxe Corporation. He has managed global customer service and technical support organizations as well as software implem...
Dr. Azadegan focuses on research related to supply chain disruptions, response and recovery from disruptions and inter-organizational creativity and innovation. Dr. Azadegan manages the Supply Chain Disruption Research Laboratory (SCDrl) at the Center for Supply Chain Management. Dr. Azadegan's ...
Lora Cecere is the founder of the research firm Supply Chain Insights. The company is helping supply chain leaders pave new directions in supply chain management. Founded in February 2012, the company is now six years old. As a prolific writer, Lora is the author of the enterprise software blog ...
John Hellriegel is an Assistant Professor of Professional Practice in the Supply Chain department at Rutgers Business School. He is a Supply Chain expert with over 25 years of experience across multiple industries. He has worked for companies such as Estee Lauder, Honeywell, Diageo, Pepperidge Fa...
David Krause is a Senior Manager of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) at Johnson & Johnson. Most recently Dave has designed and launched a global service model for RPA, achieving 40+ bots in production by the first year of service availability. In a 12-year career, he has reinvented himself mu...
Professor John Impellizzeri retired (Jan. 2015) from a 36-year career in industry where he established himself as a C-suite executive with a reputation as an innovative strategist, effective communicator, and dynamic leader with a strong commitment to excellence. During Impellizzeri’s corporate c...
Helen Davis is the head of Supply NA for Hygiene Home in NA. In this role she works closely her Marketing and Sales colleagues on brining innovations to life while improving service through efficient processes and new tools. Helen leads a team of manufacturing plants, customer service, logistics ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.