About the course
Digital marketing has never been more volatile. Search engines and social media evolve on a monthly basis, and established methods quickly become obsolete.
It's not just the platforms that are evolving, it’s your customers. Consumers expect accessible on-demand services with excellent customer service.
As part of the University of Salford’s commitment to delivering the best digital training available, Salford Professional Development has created an intensive three day Digital marketing skills course.
The course is aimed at professionals who want to fast-track their understanding and gain hands-on skills in digital marketing.
Particular emphasis is placed on Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Google Ads, content marketing and social media. There is also an extensive module on Google Analytics to equip you with the skills to monitor, report and optimise your campaigns.
For businesses of all sizes, the right digital marketing strategy will help you advertise to the right people at the right time and expand your customer base.
This course is designed to develop your digital marketing skills in all the core areas most commonly used by businesses and organisations. You will learn how to implement these techniques and manage the day-to-day digital marketing operations to build awareness, customer engagement and growth for your organisation.
The main focus of this course is to give you practical knowledge and skills in website optimisation, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), PPC advertising, content marketing, social media, email marketing and Google AdWords and Google Analytics to equip you with the skills to monitor, report and optimise your campaigns.
Day 1 Overview of Digital Marketing
A quick review of digital marketing and the role the various element make within the overall marketing mix.
Understanding the key rules on getting your website to engage visitors and convert visitors into enquiries and sales.
- Planning your website structure
- Communicating your proposition
- Segmenting your audiences
- Structuring your pages
- The mobile experience
- Website optimisation and testing
Search Engine Optimisation
Learn how to get high in Google and other search engines, using tried and tested on-site and off-site techniques
- Understanding how search engines work
- The key ranking factors
- Assessing competitors
- On-page optimisation
- Off-page optimisation
- Link building and techniques to build your authority
- Building Google’s trust in your website
- Local & international optimisation
Day 2 Google Analytics
Find out how to measure, report and improve your customer journeys and your marketing campaigns through Google Analytics data.
- Understanding how it works
- The issues with the data
- Keeping your data clean
- Automated reporting functions
- Understanding who your visitors are
- Evaluation - your marketing campaigns and channels
- Evaluation - what did they do on your website
- Understanding conversions & attribution modelling
- Ecommerce reports
Learn how to use content marketing to build customer engagement and loyalty.
- Creating personas
- Strategy & content mix
- Content platforms
- Creating great content
- Finding inspiration
- Writing for the web
- How to use blogs for business
- Image and video creation
- Promoting your content
Day 3 Email Marketing
Learn the core rules to improve the effectiveness of your email marketing
- The rules and the law
- Timing and planning
- Building lists and how to segment
- How to get a better open rate
- How to improve your click through rate
- What does a poor email shot look like
- What great email marketing looks like
Learn about the different platforms, the strategy and tips on how to build your customer engagement and loyalty through social media and social media advertising.
- Introduction to social media
- Social media strategy & rules for business
- Creating content and finding influencers
- Facebook tips and advertising
- Twitter tips and advertising
- LinkedIn tips & advertising
- Monitoring and management
Google AdWords & PPC Advertising
Learn how to build highly targeted advertising campaigns in Google AdWords and how to optimise these campaigns over time.
- Introduction to PPC advertising
- Targeting options and strategy
- Quality score & keyword targeting
- Setting up a campaign
- Optimising campaigns
- PLAs, display & remarketing
Martin Woodfield is a leading marketing expert and keynote speaker. He is a highly experienced digital marketing trainer with over 8 years’ experience of running digital marketing courses and workshops. He also provides digital marketing consultancy services to large multi-nationals organisatio...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.