Comprehensive course analysis
About the course
One of the most important responsibilities of a leader is to develop “leadership bench strength” within the organization – not only as a legacy, but as the natural outgrowth and strategy for change initiatives. Leadership development is vital to create and sustain the development of a robust public service capable of meeting the challenges of today.
Developing Others; Leader as Coach provides strategies for creating a robust ‘leadership pipeline’ and focuses on developing a leader’s coaching skills so that (s)he can be a catalyst who equips employees with the ability to develop and perform at higher levels. Research shows that these coaching strategies can build commitment while fostering and sustaining growth in employees. During the course, participants will learn the secrets of coaching to help guide employees on their career paths.
Learning Objectives/Course Benefits:
- Understand contextual factors affecting human capital development
- Recognize coaching as an employee development strategy
- Understand characteristics and specific practices of effective coaches
- Appreciate generational differences in order to optimize your coaching efforts
- Apply coaching practices to your own coaching situations
- Use feedback to create your own coaching action plan
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.