Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
The IESE Developing Leadership Competencies program is designed for general managers and senior executives, as well as human resource professionals who seek to identify and develop leadership skills that improve personal and organizational effectiveness.
About the course
The success of a company and its ability to maintain its competitive edge depend fundamentally on the talent of its people. Discover how to improve your leadership skills – identifying your strengths and weaknesses – and empower the individuals and teams in your organization to reach their full potential.
- Invigorate your leadership style through enhanced self-management
- Cultivate a coaching style that inspires, motivates and mobilizes others
- Acquire the requisite mindset and frameworks to spearhead change and spark positive organizational transformation
Day 1: LEADERSHIP ASSESSMENT
- Self-Leadership and Purpose
- Personality Assessment (Test: TCI-R)
- Cognitive Styles and Preferences (Test: Self-Assessment Exercise)
- Leadership Competencies (Test: IESE 360º)
- Global Assessment Overview
Day 2: PERSONAL LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
- Personal and Professional Career
- Self-Leadership Strategies
- Relational Leadership
- Developing Your Action Plan
Day 3:** INTERPERSONAL LEADERSHIP**
- Interpersonal Communication
- Managing Interpersonal Conflict
- High-Performance Teams
- Talent Development
Day 4: ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP AND CHANGE
- Creating Leadership Contexts
- Organizational Governance
- Full Leadership (personal, interpersonal and organizational)
- Program Conclusions and Wrap-Up
The “Developing Leadership Competencies” program combines a variety of dynamic learning methodologies – interactive lectures, personal coaching, role-play, workshops and case studies, among them – that work in tandem to enhance leadership performance.
Prior to the program, you will assess your personality type and leadership competencies, including a 360-degree feedback evaluation. You will keep a learning log during the program and participate in one-on-one coaching sessions to help you design an individualized improvement plan.
Areas of Interest Self-leadership: personality assessment and character development of managers Positive leadership: values, virtues, meaning/purpose, fulfilment Coaching, mentoring and therapy Stress and burnout, mid-life crises, mindfulness Management in Middle East and Africa, Business for pe...
Areas of Interest Power and Influence Alliance and Coalition Formation Groups and Teams Accuracy and Bias in Interpersonal Perception Sebastien Brion is an Associate Professor of Managing People in Organizations at IESE Business School. He holds a Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior from the Haas...
Areas of Interest Cross-cultural management & cultural identities and competences Person-environment fit Leadership in multicultural teams Human resource management: selection and training issues Yih-teen Lee is Full Professor in the Department of Managing People in Organizations. He speci...
Areas of Interest Institutional logics Social entrepreneurship Corporate governance Business ethics Leadership John Almandoz is an associate professor in the department of Managing People in Organizations. His background includes experience in actuarial consulting, corporate banking, and the m...
Areas of Interest Socioecological psychology Cross-cultural psychology Group dynamics Upon graduation from INSEAD, Alvaro comes back to IESE, where he worked as a researcher and an EMBA student (during the first year of the program only) until 2008. Alvaro holds a doctoral degree in Management...