Who should attend
The program is primarily targeted at mid-level managers heading responsibility centers and involved in business decisions of strategic nature. A basic understanding of the financial statement would be desirable.
About the course
The role of line executives evolves in to taking more and more managerial responsibilities requiring them to have a keen sense of commercial and financial dimensions of the decisions they take. In addition to meeting targets and delivering on KRAs, they are also expected to contribute in providing strategic inputs to the management from their field of responsibility. This requires line executive and managers to develop financial and commercial acumen to add value to their role and the organisation. Developing such acumen, in turn, requires good understanding of economics of any business model including risks, cost structure, key value drivers and controls. It also requires understanding business relationships from commercial point-of-view including dynamics of relative bargaining power, negotiation skills based on assessment of degrees of freedom available with the counter-parties, and tools and techniques to analyze business decisions.
The program has been designed to develop commercial acumen and financial skills of mid-level line managers/executives who may or may not be a part of the finance function of their organisation. At the end of the program, the participants should be able to-
- Understand economics of and risks associated with any business from its financial statements
- Evaluate business performance using accounting numbers
- Understand the elements of a business model and its key value drivers
- Identify control elements and design a control system given a business objective
- Assess bargaining power in negotiations and develop negotiation skills
- Assess investment decisions and associated risks
- Value of a business/firm
- Understanding drivers of value creation
- Understanding & analyzing accounting information for control, for estimation and for understanding business performance
- Understanding cost structure and business models
- Analyzing business decisions & understanding risks
- Valuing investments and businesses
- Understanding conflict-of-interest and its consequences
- Commercial negotiations
Educational Qualifications Fellow (IIMA), FCA, ACS, ACMA Academic Affiliation Associate Professor, Finance and Accounting Area, IIM Ahmedabad Professional Affiliation Fellow, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad Fellow Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India Associate Member, Ins...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.