Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This seminar covers all of the major planning issues facing management today in both the private and public sector. It is recommended for any manager or executive…
- with concerns about how strategy is effectively developed, communicated and implemented
- facing the challenge of developing a strategic plan, business plan or functional plan
- new to the position and wanting to align performance to the purpose of the organization
- whose goal is to develop a stronger strategic marketing and customer focus
About the course
Business managers are facing very challenging times. Understanding how to plan and execute complex strategies that meet the goals of the organization is now critical for both career and business success.
Our unique strategic mindset teaching methodology translates strategic analysis into a highly interactive program. Learn how to develop a total strategic mindset to give yourself and your organization a winning edge.
You will learn a structured methodology for strategic thinking that you can use as a template to align your performance to the strategic goals of the organization.
What You Will Learn
- Apply today’s most advanced strategic planning methodologies to execute new initiatives
- Understand the total strategic mindset: the relationship between your job, the value you create and the strategic goals of your organization
- Identify your critical success factors and barriers to everyday operating performance
- Learn to conduct a thorough SWOT assesement
- Identify best practices for enhancing your strategic contribution to your organization
- Think forward – identify critical success factors for the future, both individually and organizationally
- Understand the key fundamentals of strategic planning and thinking
- Use strategic evaluation tools to improve your abilities in the key areas of: problem solving, communications, conflict management and decision-making
- Learn to conduct an environmental scan to uncover strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats
Course content details
Your Strategic Point of Origin: Developing Strategy and Strategic Planning
Strategy: How to Understand Its Origin and Role in the Organization
- Conduct a simulation demonstrating the origins of strategy
- Learn to define Vision, Mission, Values, Value, Value Proposition, Customers, Consumers, Stakeholders, Strategic and Operational Strategy
- Conduct a Situational Analysis including an Environmental Scan, Customer Analysis, Product/Service Analysis and Competitive Analysis
- Identify the Value you create for your customers
Determine Your Critical Success Factors
- Clarify your Value Chain, Value Proposition and Key Success Factors
- Clarify your Comparative Advantage
- Understand how to determine Threats to your organization
Creating Opportunity: Mapping Your Future Direction
Develop Opportunity: Vision Mapping the Future
- Differentiate between Initiatives and Opportunities
- Learn Vision Mapping for non-linear thinking about the Future
- Learn how to conduct Scenario Planning
- Establish key goals and objectives for future Vision
Identify Key Elements of Success
- Learn the difference between analysis of present and past, versus visioning the future
- Learn how to identify benchmarks and milestones for the future
Strengths and Weaknesses: Getting Traction for your Vision
Strengths and Weaknesses: Decision-Making Needed to Choose an Opportunity
- Identify the Core Competencies of your Organization
- Clarify what Strengths your Vision requires and whether or not your Organization possesses them
- Clarify what Gaps your Organization has in its Skill Set and whether or not these Gaps pose a problem for the future
- Examine: Leading and Managing, Building Teams and Partnerships, Managing Performance, Interpersonal Skills
- Clarify the key changes required to achieve your Vision
Begin Designing The Future
- Conduct a Gap Analysis to move from Present to Future
- Clarify the changes required to achieve this move
- Begin setting First Steps and Next Steps
Biography Wissam AlHussaini holds a PhD in Business Administration from John Molson School of Business at Concordia University and an MBA degree from Suliman S. Olayan School of Business at the American University of Beirut. Over the years, Wissam has designed and delivered numerous training prog...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.