About the course
Become a more agile leader by learning tactics to influence-up, collaborate cross-functionally, and motivate direct reports to forge partnerships up, down, and across the organization. From new technologies to increasingly demanding customer expectations to new generations entering the workforce, we are all are bombarded with never-ending change. Are you frustrated that no matter what you try, your change initiatives seem to either fail outright or produce gains that don't last? The reality is that as many as 70% of organizational change efforts fall short of expectations. Yet, your team's impact and your career progress hinge on your ability to lead successful and sustainable change. In this dynamic workshop, you’ll get beyond the buzzwords and leverage a proven formula for change. The CQ® System for Developing Change Intelligence® is based on decades of leading transformational change across diverse industries, years of conducting global research on managing change, and study into the psychology and neuroscience of change. Through highly-interactive exercises and real-life examples you’ll learn how to:
- Overcome resistance to change by reframing resistance from enemy to ally and using it as a powerful source of information to lead others to embrace change
- Enlighten the head, engage the heart, equip the hands to get people moving in positive, new directions so change sticks
- Become a more agile leader by learning tactics to influence-up, collaborate cross-functionally, and motivate direct reports to forge partnerships up, down, and across the organization
- Diagnose your own Change Intelligence, and build the CQ of the people and teams you lead
- Develop your CQ to drive change that gets results, recoups your investment, and makes a bottom line difference for your organization, team and career
- Emerge as a more competent and confident - and less stressed and frustrated – leader of change
Taking charge of change – the "change leader" is you
Your change intelligence/cq – your strengths and blind spots
Coaching to adapt your style to build relationships and engage for change
Tactics to influence-up to engage executives, influence across to engage peers, and influence “down” to engage direct reports to forge alignment and accelerate execution
Science-based strategies to reframe resistance from enemy to ally and shift from complaints to commitment
Building change intelligent teams and turning-around struggling projects
Leading change intelligent initiatives that achieve results, use effective processes, and positively involve stakeholders
Communicating for change and telling the story that connects heart, head, and hands
Creating an agile and change-capable culture for your team and organization
Reflection and application to “back-home” change challenges
Barbara A. Trautlein, PhD is author of the best-selling book Change Intelligence: Use the Power of CQ to Lead Change that Sticks, principal and founder of Change Catalysts, and originator of the CQ System for Developing Change Intelligent Leaders and Organizations. For over 25 years, Barbara has ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.