Who should attend
Managers involved in improving and transforming their operations, particularly if their work involves translating business or functional strategies into operating choices. Participants come from a range of functions, including Strategy, HR, IT, Transformation, Finance, Lean, Business Improvement, and Operations
About the course
Our flagship program Designing Operating Models introduces tools and frameworks that help participants understand and challenge their existing operating model so they can design and communicate on a new one.
This immersive and highly experiential program is taught by a unique faculty: an academic, a consultant and an executive, who leads an organization of more than 8,000 people.
Learning Outcomes for Participants
Using case studies, real-world situations, and a whole-day exercise building an operating model with the executive in charge, participants will learn to:
- Convert strategy into design principles for an operating model
- Develop a high-level operating model for an organization or a department
- Lead a project team working on a target operating model
- Produce a visual representation of their organization’s operating model for debate with other executives
- Contribute as a team member when reviewing operations
Learning Outcomes for the Organization:
- The organization will be able to align operations with strategy, enabling it to achieve its objectives faster, using fewer resources.
- Improvements will be possible in a single department or team, or across the whole organization.
- The organization is likely to develop more practical strategies because the dialogue between strategy and operations will improve.
Andrew Campbell has been a Director of the Ashridge Strategic Management Centre since it was formed in 1987 to research issues concerned with the management of multi-business companies. Andrew directs research projects, runs management programmes and advises client companies. He is programme dire...
Mikel Gutiérrez is CEO of Asebal, a company producing galvanized steel for road and solar businesses. He has lead it from being a domestic, almost bankrupt Spanish company to a strong business, selling in more than 20 countries. Previously he was General Manager of Ormazabal Germany and Director ...
Brian Worsfold is a senior member of faculty and an expert in the development and implementation of business and customer strategy. Brian is client director for a wide range of leadership and talent development programmes for senior leaders in the Civil Service and other public sector organisatio...
Having joined us in 2005 as our first graduate analyst hire, Alex is a principal consultant leading projects with a focus on driving performance improvement through organisation & operating model redesign. Alex prides himself on combining conceptual analysis and design with pragmatic results...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.