Who should attend
- Professionals responsible for tackling strategic challenges, driving growth, and implementing systems for innovation
- Professionals interested in making impact on their current customers and diversifying their offering to reach new audiences
- Leaders who seek deep collaboration across multi-disciplinary, diverse teams
- Due to the goals of this program, it is not appropriate for consultants or for those who work for consulting agencies or design firms
About the course
Learn and apply skills to solve real business challenges using human-centered design techniques in a four-day workshop at Stanford’s d.school.
At Design Thinking Bootcamp, we understand that every product, service, and experience you work on must deliver. Our intensive program is focused on helping you solve complex problems and supports you to design and build innovative solutions for future growth. You will learn proven yet unconventional skills and tools to magnify consumer empathy and bring early product concepts to life quickly. As some of our alums have said, “you will accomplish more in three days at Bootcamp than in 30 days of work”. You will feel the intense pace at which innovation can happen. Our dynamic teaching team is committed to coaching you as you work in a small team with other professionals on a real project to apply our design thinking methods. You will leave with a toolkit of revolutionary ways of thinking about your work and the challenge to bring new products, services, or experiences to market.
Learn design thinking tools and get coaching to drive innovation at your own company.
- Two-thirds of our graduates bring a new product, service, or experience to market within 36 months.
- Lifelong access to the newest design methods taught by Stanford’s state of the art d.school — the originator of design thinking.
- Team up with other professionals and training together to drive growth on a real project.
- All teaching and coaching is done by a combination of Stanford professors and successful program alums who are design-driven leaders themselves.
- A personalized experience with a student-to-faculty ratio of 6:1.
- A combination of hands-on training and short lecture-style sessions.
- Join and connect with a robust Stanford d.school alumni network.
- Stanford letter of completion awarded.
The d.school is using cutting-edge Stanford-developed teaching methods of collaboration, experience content, and work actively in a hands-on design studio through the in-person session.
Design thinking experts (a combination of Stanford faculty and innovation leaders from Fortune 500 companies and other leading organizations) will guide teams through a in-classroom experience while paying close attention to individual growth and discovery. The student-to-faculty ratio is 6:1.
The first three days of Design Thinking Bootcamp focus on applying design thinking skills (empathy, define, ideate, prototype, test) along with learning tools to generate and evaluate a portfolio of high-quality design work. These days are taught in the classroom in a combination of lessons and hands-on small group work. You will learn the theory and practice of our methods. On the fourth day of the program, you will make progress on your real business challenge using the tools you’ve learned. In the week after the program, you will be supported by our coaches to apply design techniques to a real business challenge.
Small teams are composed of professionals with unique perspectives and backgrounds.
Perry Klebahn is a true entrepreneur and innovator. He is also a natural teacher and a co-founding member of the faculty at the d.school. Perry received his master’s from Stanford in the Product Design program in 1991 and left with his master’s thesis in hand–a high performance snowshoe (yes a s...
Jeremy currently leads the d.school's work with organizations as Director of Executive Education. In this role, he advises professionals and organizations on how to imbed the tools of design thinking and cultivate an innovative organizational culture. He also teaches the celebrated d.leadership a...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.