Who should attend
Professionals wanting to handle difficult customer situations better – regardless of their level – should attend.
About the course
Handle even the most difficult customers with confidence and care, and build a reputation for excellent customer service.
- Consider the personal and environmental factors that can lead to customers being difficult, angry or aggressive.
- Identify the workplace factors that affect your ability to deal with these customers.
- More confidently manage your initial reaction to customers.
- Respond to conflict without escalating the conflict.
- Use collaborative communication techniques to defuse the conflict and create positive outcomes.
What is covered in the course?
- The difference between difficult, angry and hostile/abusive customers.
- Workplace and environmental factors that impact your ability to deal with difficult, angry or aggressive customers.
- How conflict escalates: the three R's of conflict.
- Evaluating how you currently manage conflict.
- Managing your emotions and staying calm under pressure.
- Demonstrating empathy and understanding through reflective listening.
- Gathering information by using effective questioning.
- Using collaborative language to defuse conflict.
- Working with customers to solve problems and achieve mutually agreeable outcomes.
How will I benefit?
This course will show you how to use advanced verbal techniques to handle difficult customer situations with confidence and achieve better results with less stress.
You will be able to manage customers from first complaint to resolution with a range of techniques that will apply to every customer interaction you have.
How will my organisation benefit?
Your new skills will help your organisation save customer and stakeholder relationships they may currently be losing, and develop a name for providing great service.
Gary is a corporate trainer, facilitator and coach, who specialises in helping business people to improve their performance by showing them how to communicate more effectively in critical situations: leadership, workplace culture, teams, sales, negotiation, conflict resolution and customer servic...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.