Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- CXOs and CMOs, who participate at senior levels in driving the strategy and business planning exercises.
- Heads of business units In B2B as well as B2C organizations. They would benefit more from the programme by sponsoring a team of top and senior executives.
About the course
Today’s domestic business environment is tough and uncertain. Macro economic factors affect demand, and costs; Competitors, both traditional and new age, are disrupting the market, regulators are constantly making new rules of the game and customer expectations are being shaped and reshaped by the choices available to them as well as by their life journeys.
In order to to achieve stability and meet growth and profitability aspirations in this environment, companies need to have an effective business strategy i.e. a well deliberated choice of paths to get to where they need or want to, and the capability to walk down those paths.
At the heart of an effective business strategy is a clear business-market game, a set of integrated and coherent choices of "Where the business wants to play" in the market (choices of which parts of the market to compete in and with what intensity), "How it wants to play" (how to develop winning value proposition taking into account the competitive advantages and dis-advantages the company has) and "When to play what game" (sequencing or staging of strategic moves)and to ensure that all the other elements of the business strategy are aligned.
Companies who do not have a clear business-market game respond to every disruption individually and "follow the market" ending up with pulling themselves in many different directions and incurring increased costs of complexity that eat into profitability.
The objective of this programme is to enable business leaders develop and execute a clear and winning business-market game, to keep their businesses healthy by embedding customer centricity into the business strategy development process based on the philosophy;
Takeaways from this Programme
- Understanding "disruption" and increased competition in terms of changes in customer behaviour, customer-demand structure and implications for business.
- Understanding what customer centricity really is and how customer centricty in developing business strategy is different from downstream execution of functional marketing strategy and sales activity.
- Understanding the idea of Customer Based Business Strategy , its advantages and differences compared to other supply side or microeconomic strategy development frameworks
- Understanding the concept of the business-market game, its link with business strategy and frameworks.
Frameworks , tools and methodologies for developing a company's business-market game.
- Customer based business strategy and business - market game frameworks.
- Methodologies to read external changes , to see how the future will unfold and to assess the impact of these changes on customers and implications for business strategy.
- Methodologies to embed customer centricity into the entire business strategy development process itself; how to make existing business strategy development processes / frameworks used by companies more customer centred.
- How to do Customer based business - market segmentation, how to develop customer perceived value advantage over competition.
Educational Qualifications PhD (Strategic Management) Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad Academic Affiliation August 2014 onwards- Faculty Member, Business Policy (Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad) March 2015 onwards- Chairperson, Centre for Innovation Incubation and Entrepreneursh...
Prof. Abhinandan K Jain was associated with IIMA for 50 years in various capacities and was felicitated by former students in 2019. Fellow (IIMA), PGDM (IIMA) BE (Mech.: MBM Engg College Jodhpur) Major interests in customer based business strategy, marketing research for decision making, strate...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.