Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Leaders, directors, managers and those on the leadership track who want to harness mindfulness and achieve greater leadership excellence.
About the course
Unlock your power to lead with clarity, authenticity and effectiveness
"We take care of the future best by taking care of the present now.” ― Jon Kabat-Zinn
As a leader, how can you stay focused on what’s important when there are so many demands for your immediate attention? Ever-changing market conditions, gadget overload, conflicting information and “emergencies” of all kinds can hurt your ability to think with clarity and precision. Getting to sustainable excellence requires a different way to lead.
This is where mindfulness comes in. Practicing mindfulness helps you to tune in to what’s here and now, to be more present, awake and aware so you can access greater creativity, learning and personal growth. Attend this course to learn new habits that can help you begin to rewire your leadership behaviors as you inspire engagement, trust, authenticity and productivity in those around you.
How You Will Benefit
- Discover how the attitude-behavior connection affects business decisions and outcomes
- Learn to observe your mind and increase your ability to stay fully present and engaged
- Make choices and decisions that better align with your intentions
- Cultivate a sense of self-awareness and relational transparency that inspires trust
- Communicate more thoughtfully and mindfully up, down and across the organization
- Create a team culture of greater creativity, dynamics, openness and responsiveness
What You Will Cover
- Understanding the attitude and qualities of a mindful leader
- Practicing how to examine your attitude by using mindfulness techniques
- Developing new habits and intentional practices to cultivate awareness
- Applying mindfulness to pursue clarity, check assumptions and speak thoughtfully
- Leading mindfully in the face of contradictions
- Applying mindfulness techniques to real-life situations
Awareness and Attitude
- Recognize the Attitude and Qualities of a Mindful Leader
- Use Mindfulness Techniques to Examine Your Attitude
- Develop New Habits and Intentional Practices to Cultivate Awareness
- Apply Mindfulness to Pursue Clarity, Check Assumptions, and Communicate Thoughtfully
- Lead Mindfully in the Face of Contradictions
- Achieve Different Outcomes for Situations By Applying Mindfulness Techniques
- Explain the Purpose of Meditation
- Describe the Relationship Among Meditation, Knowledge, and Reflection
- Meditate While Seated and Walking
- Determine Effective Approaches to Your Personal Challenge
- Make Informed Commitments to Practicing Mindfulness Yourself and Coaching Your Team to Be More Mindful
- Describe the Authentic Process of Letting Go
- Explain the Relationship Between Mindfulness and Letting Go
Commitment and Courage
- Define “Commitment” for Yourself and Your Organization
- Make a Commitment That Will Aid Your Ability to Address Your Personal Challenge
- Describe the Types of Situations That Require Courage
- Identify Acts of Courage That May Be Required to Stick to Your Commitments
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.