Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Crisis Managers and Risk Management executives
- Communications and Public Relationships executives
- HR Directors/Managers and Learning and Development specialists
- Organisational Change and Transformation Managers
- Public Health and Public Policy Officials
- Mid-to senior-level managers making key decisions, including those without a specific Crisis or Risk Manager remit.
- 3+ years minimum management experience
About the course
Strengthen your organisation when it is under pressure with advanced crisis leadership, behaviourial science and strategy insights.
Prepare for the decisive moment
Behavioural and decision-making sciences come together to create a programme designed for leaders operating in a volatile and uncertain world.
Good for you
Become the leader your organisation needs in a crisis:
- Understand and leverage the ‘human factor’ in a crisis
- Avoid becoming overwhelmed by fear, data overload and clashing personalities
- Lead on a crisis management strategy
- Communicate effectively to stakeholders under pressure
- Learn and rebuild after a crisis.
Good for your organisation
Your organisation will:
- Be better equipped to manage a crisis
- Gain a deeper collective insight into the importance of the ‘human factor’ in a crisis
- Be able to reduce the burden decision makers face in a crisis and the risk of skewed decisions
- Be able to develop mitigation strategies based on a deeper understanding of research into recurring patterns of human behaviour that characterise reaction to crises
- Be prepared to respond decisively when your reputation is damaged and start rebuilding trust fast
- Be able to communicate effectively and appropriately to multiple stakeholders.
Performance can spell the difference between success and failure.
Gain the leadership tools and behavioural insights to meet the challenges of today and tomorrow.
What you learn
You will gain insight and access to:
- Become the leader that your organisation looks to at the critical moment
- Leverage the psychology of crises to your advantage
- Develop strategies and structures that strengthen your response
- Better manage others in high-pressure situations
- Communicate effectively in a fast-moving and complex environment.
How you learn
An immersive and dynamic journey that will show you how to lead and how to prepare your organisation for a crisis.
- Ground-breaking simulation: bridging the gap between the rigour of theory and the white heat of practice
- Live interactive faculty sessions: real-time interaction with world-leading experts in the field of decision-making
- Group coaching and discussions: consolidate your learning, share reflections and connect with your peer group
- Self-directed learning: bespoke activities and curated videos and readings delivered in a flexible format and structure designed to optimise your learning experience
- All live sessions are recorded: watch live sessions again at any time during the programme.
Short live online – the Ignite Series
Spark new thinking with some of the world’s brightest minds on the Ignite Series – an intensive and inspiring suite of live online programmes for individuals, teams and organisations. Highly topical, relevant and incisive, this is accelerated learning at its best, delivered through a blend of peer-to-peer learning and live interactive faculty sessions. Access real-time simulations, guided reflections, assessments, role-play, curated videos and suggested readings at a pace that suits you, and receive an e-certificate on completion.
Live interactive faculty sessions
Join a digital classroom with up to 12 hours of live interaction with our world-class faculty.
Group coaching and discussions
Consolidate your learning, share your reflections and connect with a global peer group.
Practical and short
Learn across 3-4 weeks through a blend of live online and self-directed content.
Build credibility with a London Business School e-certificate on completion.
Associate Professor of Organisational Behaviour BA (Queen’s), MSc (Queen’s), PhD (Northwestern) Dr Niro Sivanathan’s research and teaching have received international recognition. His research explores how the psychology of the self – specifically our motivation to maintain the integrity of the...
London Business School Term Associate Professor of Marketing MSc. (London) PhD (Chicago) David Faro received his PhD in Marketing at the University of Chicago, and joined London Business School in 2006. Dr Faro’s research examines consumer and managerial decision-making, the psychology of time ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.