Who should attend
Mid - or senior-level managers, directors, and assistant vice-presidents with:
- 3-5 years of experience with teams
- Mid-level employees who are or will be new to team leadership will also benefit
About the course
Most work in organizations is done on teams, but that doesn’t mean they always deliver. Teams need leaders who inspire engagement, cooperation, creativity, and problem-solving, but many leaders lack the necessary knowledge and skills. The research-based, field-tested Committed Teams framework is designed to help leaders in any industry or organization to successfully launch a team or get an existing one back on track.
In this two-day program, you will learn and practice a three-step process for team leadership. You will discover highly structured methods for creating a team charter to guide your work, continuously checking for and resolving hidden problems, and avoiding common bad habits of teams. Throughout the program, you will explore and practice more effective communication styles, and consider the balance between the needs of the team and its members. You will leave with a plan for developing better teaming habits, overcoming potential barriers, and leading your team to the next level that you can begin using the day you get back to work.
Impact & Benefits:
- Apply a powerful framework for creating a successful team or getting an existing one back on track
- Motivate and inspire your team through more effective communication
- Use the STAR model (Specific, Take small steps, Alter your environment, be a Realistic Optimist) for closing the common “saying-doing” gap
- Learn effective approaches for resolving team conflicts
- Develop a consistent process for decision-making on your
Mario Moussa is an award-winning author, management consultant, keynote speaker, and executive educator. He has taught at the world’s leading academic institutions, including UCLA, Duke, the University of Virginia, and the Wharton School. As a consultant, he advises senior leaders about top team ...
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.