Who should attend
- Mid or senior-level managers, Directors, and Assistant Vice-Presidents with 3-5 years of experience with teams.
- Mid-level employees who are or will be new to team leadership
About the course
This two-day program is available as part of our Executive Certificate in Management and Leadership or the Executive Certificate in Project Management.
Most work in organizations is done on teams, but that doesn’t mean they always deliver. Teams need leaders who inspire engagement, cooperation, creativity, and problem-solving, but many leaders lack the necessary knowledge and skills. The research-based, field-tested Committed Teams framework is designed to help leaders in any industry or organization to successfully launch a team or get an existing one back on track.
In this two-day workshop, you will learn and practice a three-step process for team leadership. You will discover highly structured methods for creating a team charter to guide your work, continuously checking for and resolving hidden problems, and avoiding common bad habits of teams. Throughout the program, you will explore and practice more effective communication styles, and consider the balance between the needs of the team and its members. You will leave with a plan for developing better teaming habits, overcoming potential barriers, and leading your team to the next level that you can begin using the day you get back to work.
Participants in this program will
- Apply a powerful framework for creating a successful team or getting an existing one back on track
- Motivate and inspire your team through more effective communication
- Use the STAR model (Specific, Take small steps, Alter your environment, be a Realistic Optimist) for closing the common “saying-doing” gap
- Learn effective approaches for resolving team conflicts
- Develop a consistent process for decision-making on your
Mario Moussa is a noted author, keynote speaker, and management consultant who advises senior leaders about top team effectiveness, organizational culture, and largescale change initiatives. He has delivered workshops on leadership, strategic persuasion and collaboration to thousands of executive...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.