Who should attend
- Leaders, or aspiring leaders, who want to improve their strategic thinking capability
- Prospective and current entrepreneurs
- Those currently in or aspiring to be in strategy or management roles, including c-level executives, directors, managing directors, VPs, managers, and high-potentials
About the course
Every organization has a business model, whether by design or default. When by design, it should be the guide for achieving your strategic vision and delivering value to your customers. Whether you are building, revitalizing, or pivoting a business, if it’s not clearly articulated and well executed, you are probably falling short of your strategic goals.
Creating and Executing Strategy: The Business Model Canvas is a workshop-style program that will help you develop a holistic strategy that capitalizes on existing strengths and capabilities, promotes greater collaboration and buy-in, and identifies blind spots and areas for improvement. The method you learn can be applied to business units, teams, divisions, and entire organizations, and should be used dynamically to continuously evolve your business model.
This program is a real-time, synchronized learning experience, delivered in a best-of-class virtual format. Designed for immediate application, it requires a high level of engagement in facilitated discussions, exploration of contemporary examples, and collaborative exercises that focus on participants’ real-world challenges. You will gain the practical knowledge and personal insights needed to implement the powerful business model canvas method in your organization.
- Using the Business Model Canvas for new businesses and for pivoting existing businesses
- Customer Development
- Product or Service Design and Development
- Utilizing the Strategic Gaps Map
- Collaboration, design-thinking strategies, and internal versus external facilitators
- Development of strategy into an actionable plan and execution
Impact and Benefits:
- Learn to think more strategically about your new and/or existing business
- Build a new business by uncovering sources of value, uncovering blind spots, and answering key questions
- Pivot existing business by evaluating your current business model, and exploring options and the consequences of various strategic pivots
Joshua Ehrig is a Professor of Practice in the Department of Management at Lehigh University. Professor Ehrig has created and taught various courses focusing on Entrepreneurship, Strategy, and Innovation, applying active-entrepreneurial mindset learning and metacognition techniques. His teachin...
Jamie Flinchbaugh is an accomplished Entrepreneur, Senior Executive, Consultant, and Board Member with 30 years of learning-oriented experience spanning a range of roles across exceptionally diverse industries and functions. Leveraging extensive operational, strategic, and consulting experience, ...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.