Comprehensive course analysis
About the course
Join forces with the bold optimists at SMU Cox, where we are forging a new future – together. Engage with an innovative learning culture that is changing the way the world does business.
Cox Leadership Academy graduates are adaptable, innovative individuals who want to work in cross-functional teams, learn to critically analyze problems, succinctly communicate data insights who can leverage technology in a global setting to solve complex business issues and lead effective change for business growth.
- A year long journey to becoming a Transformative Leader
- A 360-degree assessment (The Multifactor Leadership and Authenticity Questionnaire)
- Quarterly residencies for two and half days (on our main SMU campus in the Collins Center)
- Academic Rigor with Practical Application through an Integrated Leadership Development Model: includes multi-modal learning, application learning, and an individual development plan for intentional growth, reflection exercises, peer coaching, and more.
- Personalized learning through one on one Coaching (6 sessions)
- Action learning project
- Featured Industry Leader Speakers throughout the program
Lominger Competencies Addressed
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Innovation Management
- Inspiring Others
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Motivating Others
- Building Effective Teams
- Integrity and Trust
- Decision Quality
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Understanding Others
- Managing Diversity
- Process Management
- Caring about Direct Reports
- Personal Learning
- Change Management
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Business Acumen
- Comfort around Higher Management
- Strategic Agility
Through our future-ready learning experience grounded in proven theory and practical application with input from real business leaders you will be equipped with the mindset, skills, and passion to lead in the workplace and beyond.
- Becoming a Transformative Leader
- The Influence Factor
- The ESI Advantage (Developing your Emotional and Social Intelligence)
- Driving Results through Authentic Presence
- Leadership Resilience: Optimize Brain Performance (in partnership with Brain Health Center)
- Leading in a Digital Age
- Leading High Performance Teams (face to face and distributed teams)
- Overcoming Decision Making Biases (in partnership with the Bush Institute)
- Leader as Coach
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Innovation: Leading a Strategic Culture
- Innovating through Human Centered Design
- Strategic Analytics
- Leading Effective Change
- Strategic Management
- Solving Complex Problems – Action Learning Project Presentations
- Creating Long-term Organizational Sustainability
Bio Dr. Shane Goodwin is the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs and an Adjunct Professor of Finance at the Cox School of Business at Southern Methodist University. Additionally, Dr. Goodwin leads The Applied Corporate Governance Institute at The Center for Global Enterprise, a nonprofit, nonpa...
Bio From October 2013 to present, Ms. Hettie Tabor has been working as the Director of the Masters of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) program at Southern Methodist University. Ms. Tabor is a seasoned senior executive with over 26 years of experience with Accenture in information technology,...
Kimberly has more than 20 years experience in front of groups and audiences of all sizes. Since 2001, Kimberly has been leading development programs world-wide, around authentic leadership, purpose, presence, influence, presentation skills, communication skills, engagement, and customer experienc...
Vanessa is Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior. She is an applied social psychologist who uses her deep knowledge of social systems to help answer real-world questions facing organizations like: How should self-managing teams lead themselves? How should a leader lead a self-managing te...
Scott J. Allen, Ph.D., is the Standard Products—Dr. James S. Reid Chair in Management at John Carroll University. Allen is an associate professor and teaches courses in leadership, management skills, and executive communication. In 2014 he was awarded the Wasmer Outstanding Teaching Award for his...
As a founding partner of People Systems Consulting, Jerry brings over 25 years of experience to his work with clients such as Lockheed Martin, Dell Computer, JPMorgan Chase, Southwest Airlines, Shell Oil, Devon Energy, JC Penney, Sabre and many more large and small clients. In addition to his wor...
For more than 25 years Pam has been helping individuals, teams and organizations define and reach their goals. She has extensive leadership development experience in addition to running a behavioral health hospital in the role of CEO. For the last several years, she has worked at the executive ...
Dr. Charlotte P. Barner is adjunct professor and faculty advisor for the Organizational Dynamics graduate concentration within SMU’s Annette Caldwell Simmons School Education and Human Development Master of Liberal Studies program. She teaches courses in The Transformative Power of Narratives, Ex...
Jessica Burnham has a BFA in Communication Design from the Metropolitan State University of Denver and a MFA in Design Research and Innovation from the University of North Texas. She got her start in community engagement and community-based design through her desire to build community through com...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.