Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
Anyone involved in grant-related financial actions will benefit from this course. Participants who completed this course prior to implementation of 2 CFR 200 would benefit from retaking this course to understand the changes.
About the course
Successful grants managers understand how the Federal cost principles affect their awards. Gain a firm grounding and practical experience in the concepts central to cost principles by applying them to different recipient types. Use the cost principles throughout the grants lifecycle: budget development and review, spending decisions, and site visits and desk reviews or audits. This is a core course in all tracks of the GMCP™.
- Summarize the general history of the cost principles and how they currently apply
- Conduct research using the cost principles to answer cost allowability questions
- Practice applying the cost principles to on-the-job scenarios
Development and Applicability of the Cost Principles
- Development of Governmentwide Cost Principles
- Cost Principles Applicability
- Direct and Indirect Costs
- Selected Items of Cost
- Complex Questions Relating to Allowability
Using and Applying the Cost Principles on the Job
- Budget Development and Review
- Spending Decisions
- Documenting Costs
- Site Visits
- Audits and Audit Resolution