Cost Principles for Federal Grants: 2 CFR Part 200 (Subpart e) and FAR 31.2
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Management Concepts.Full disclaimer.
Successful grants managers understand how the Federal cost principles affect their awards. Gain a firm grounding and practical experience in the concepts central to cost principles by applying them to different recipient types. Use the cost principles throughout the grants lifecycle: budget development and review, spending decisions, and site visits and desk reviews or audits. This is a core course in all tracks of the GMCP™.
- Summarize the general history of the cost principles and how they currently apply
- Conduct research using the cost principles to answer cost allowability questions
- Practice applying the cost principles to on-the-job scenarios
Development and Applicability of the Cost Principles
- Development of Governmentwide Cost Principles
- Cost Principles Applicability
- Direct and Indirect Costs
- Selected Items of Cost
- Complex Questions Relating to Allowability
Using and Applying the Cost Principles on the Job
- Budget Development and Review
- Spending Decisions
- Documenting Costs
- Site Visits
- Audits and Audit Resolution
Who should attend
Anyone involved in grant-related financial actions will benefit from this course. Participants who completed this course prior to implementation of 2 CFR 200 would benefit from retaking this course to understand the changes.