Who should attend
Financial professionals, treasury professionals, chief accountants, accounting managers, senior accountants, banking professionals, and corporate business professionals, professionals in the field of finance and accounting, department heads, senior management team, financial controllers, finance managers, financial analysts, chief and financial accountants who perform business analysis and provide financial recommendations
About the course
Financial management & analysis is the process of using equations to analyze and manage the financial health of a company or organization. The analysis of key financial metrics allows the management team to quantify the factors that play an important role in the day-to-day operations of the business.
## Course Objectives
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Advance their knowledge of corporate financial management.
- Leverage their understanding in financial management to deliver positive bottom line results.
- Gain knowledge of investment banking and the public sale of equity securities.
- Develop dynamic strategic financial planning models.
- Demonstrate understanding of mergers, acquisitions, takeovers, and corporate control.
- Manage their working capital effectively.
- Apply the framework of financial statements analysis.
- Demonstrate skills at the foundations of ratio and financial analysis.
- Carry out company and industry analysis.
- Implement the process of company evaluation and analysis.
- Analyze real-life financial statements from companies traded on the world and GCC stock markets.
## Course Outline
The Scope of Corporate Finance
- Corporate Finance Functions
- Dimensions of Capital Raising
- Four Key Financial Statements
- Financial Statements and Cash Flow Analysis
- Types of Financial Ratios
- Future and Present Values practical applications
Strategic and Operational Financial Planning
- Overview of the Planning Process
- Long-Term Financial Planning
- Sustainable Growth Model
- Pro Forma Financial Statements
- Assumptions to Generate Pro Forma Financial Statements
- Building Strategic Financial Models
- Modeling What-if-Analysis
Investment Banking and the Public Sale of Equity Securities (IPO)
Basic Choices in Securing External Financing Investment Banks' Role in Equity Offerings Services Provided by Investment Bankers and their Costs Prospectus, Shelf Registration, and IPO
Mergers, Acquisitions, and Corporate Control
- Methods of Acquisitions
- Motives for Mergers and Acquisitions
- Anti-Takeover Measures
- Value Maximizing Strategies
- Bankruptcy and Financial Distress
- Major Causes of Business Failure
- Bankruptcy Laws
Stock and Bond Valuation
- Valuation Fundamentals
- The Basic Valuation Model
- Term Structure of Interest Rates
- Zero Growth and Constant Growth Valuation Models
- Variable Growth Model
Short-Term Financial Management
- The Cash Conversion Cycle and Cash Management
- Accounts Receivable Management
- Credit Scoring and Credit Monitoring
- Accounts Payable Management
- Aggressive versus Conservative Approach
- Working Capital
II. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
Financial Statement Analysis: An Introduction
- Role of Financial Reporting
- The Core Financial Statements and the Importance of the Annual Report
- The Important Role of Notes and Supplementary Information
- Objective and Types of Audits of Financial Statements
- Financial Statement Analysis Framework
- Relationship, Elements, and Classification of Financial Statements
Financial Reporting Standards
- Importance of Reporting Standards in Security Analysis and Valuation
- The Standards Setting Bodies
- International Financial Reporting Standards versus Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Understanding Financial Statements
- Income Statement:
- Components, Revenue and Expense Recognition
- Balance Sheet:
- Components, Measurement and Classification
- Cash Flow Statement:
- Operating, Investing, and Financing Activities
- Direct versus Indirect Methods in cash flow preparation
Financial Analysis Techniques
- Ratio Analysis:
- Liquidity: Current, Quick, and Cash Ratios
- Asset Management and Activity
- Solvency: Debt, Equity, and Times Interest Earned Ratios
- Profitability: Profit Margin, Gross Margin, Return on Assets, Return on Equity
- Market and Valuation: Price-Earnings and Earnings Per Share Ratios
- Vertical Analysis and Strategy: Balance Sheet and Income Statement Approaches
- Trend Analysis and Growth
- DuPont Analysis: The Three-Step and Five-Steps Models
- Segment Analysis
- Times-Series and Cross-Sectional Analysis
- Financial Reporting Quality and Red Flags
- Free Cash Flow Calculation
- Building Integrated Financial Analysis Model
- Performing What-if Analysis
- Limitation of Ratio Analysis
Financial Statement Analysis: Applications and Group Presentations
- Evaluating a Company's Past Performance
- Preparing a Basic Projection of a Company's Future Net Income and Cash Flow
- Comprehensive Real-Life Analysis of Publicly Traded Companies
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.