Corporate Governance & Risk Management — Short
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Milpark Business School.Full disclaimer.
This short course will provide you with foundational knowledge and skills in the area of corporate governance and risk management within the private and public sectors. It covers the various legislation and policies that exist to guide good corporate governance practices, the obligations and duties of corporate leaders and managers with respect to compliance with such legislation and policies, and the civil and criminal liability that may arise with non-compliance and poor corporate governance practices.
On successful completion of this short course, you will able to:
- explain the need for governance and control in relation to business
- describe how governance and control measures are enforced
- explain how liabilities are linked to corporate governance
- describe the risks associated with non-compliance or non-activity
- explain the relationship between fiduciary responsibility and personal liability
- explain how liabilities could arise within the organisation
- investigate evidence of compliance or non-compliance in an organisation
- identify the policies and procedures related to a business process
- describe the legislation that impacts on the business within an industry
- analyse and quantify consequences of fiduciary risk in a specific situation
- propose a solution to manage fiduciary risk in a specific situation
- describe a specific sector in relation to provincial and national government with regard to the leader’s role
- analyse the legislative framework impacting on a specific sector
- apply creative problem-solving techniques to resolve sector policy issues
- differentiate between the roles of the leader and the official in policy development and implementation
Who should attend
This course is suitable for people who desire to gain skills in the area of corporate governance and risk management.