Conflict Resolution for Project Managers
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with UMass Lowell.Full disclaimer.
This interactive seminar examines the sources of conflict and provides techniques for resolving conflict. It includes role playing.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
- List the positive and negative consequences of conflict.
- Describe a comprehensive definition of conflict
- Identify typical conflict responses.
- Identify different personalities.
- List conflict stimulators and extinguishers.
- Describe techniques for minimizing or resolving conflict.
- Explain how to deal with conflicting positions to achieve good team decisions
Every workplace experiences conflict. But persistent disputes can sap your employees’ morale, damage professional relationships and weaken organizational results. Assess your personal conflict style. Identify the behavior patterns you exhibit during stressful situations. Acquire alternative approaches to diagnosing and resolving conflicts. And practice and receive feedback on your new skills.
“The course required me to do some deep reflection, and it provided useful tools. The experience was phenomenal. I feel empowered.” – Class participant
OPM Competency: Conflict Management
MSL Credit Hours: 1
- Recognize the causes and consequences of conflict
- Examine the basic approaches to conflict management
- Develop critical communication and facilitation skills
- Learn to make sound strategic choices in conflict intervention and resolution