Who should attend
Chemical / lab personnel, safety personnel or employees who are involved in the handling of hazardous substances in chemical plants or electronics and manufacturing industries.
- It is designed for non-specialists requiring an introduction to chemical hazards:
- Operators and engineers with limited chemical knowledge.
- Managers & supervisors of site where chemicals are stored and handled and who wish to refresh their know-how.
About the course
The course introduces participants to the core components of the industrial health approach to minimizing exposure to harmful hazards upon chemical handling. This course will provide an introduction to the potential hazards when dealing with chemicals. After outlining chemical properties details are given of potential health risks, storage facilities, handling, and protective equipment and methods for dealing with chemical releases.
Trainer advice will be given aimed at:
- Reducing potential hazards.
- Removing risks and in the event of an incident.
- Minimizing the consequences.
- Information is provided covering planning and dealing with an emergency should a major incident occur.
- Video examples of real and fictional incidents are given
## Course Objectives
At the end of the course, participants will be understand with:
- Legislative requirements related to safe chemical handling to prevent workplace accidents
- The characteristics of chemical hazards.
- How to minimize the risk of their hazardous potential being released.
- Basic design and layout for good storage and handling procedures.
- Safe operations involving bulk storage, transfer and handling.
- How to deal with incidents involving the release of chemical.
- Procedures for dealing with spillages.
- Reporting requirements to relevant authorities.
- Safe disposal procedures for unwanted substances.
- Chemical hazards and their associated risks
- Safe work practices and emergency procedures when handling chemicals
- Introduction to safety and safety management.
- Introduction to industrial hazards.
- Introduction to chemical hazardous materials.
- Hazardous materials communications
- Hazardous materials work practices: Transportation and Packaging.
- Hazardous materials work practices: Handling and
- Emergency response plans and procedures.
- Confined space entry.
- Personal protective equipment.
## Course Methodology
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.