About the course
Learn how to handle yourself in just about any situation!
Are you afraid to speak up in meetings? Unsure of how to express your ideas with the same confidence you see in others?
Don’t miss this opportunity to discover powerful assertiveness techniques you can use every day, everywhere. You'll learn how to send the right signals so you get the right responses. How to overcome obstacles to assertiveness to get what you want. And how to command respect and get things done.
What You Will Cover
- Negotiating the fine line between passive, assertive and aggressive behaviors
- Pinpointing reasons why it can be challenging for women to speak up
- Six assertive communication techniques that map to any situation, office culture or personality type
- The delicate art of saying “no” – and how pushing back strategically can actually raise your stock
- Countering put-down statements – and neutralizing their likelihood in the future
- Finding your voice and building an assertive style of your own
- Real-world scenarios and go-to statements to put theory into practice effortlessly
- Utilize a Series of Techniques to Help You Communicate More Assertively and Confidently Within the Workplace
- Use a Five-Step Model to Express Assertive Language
- Apply Six Effective Assertive Techniques—Broken Record, Negative Assertion, Negative Inquiry, Free Information, and Self-Disclosure
- Say No with Respect and Confidence
- Respond Assertively to Put-Down Statements
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Read more about Women Leadership
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.