ICTD International Centre for Training and Development
Concrete Structural Design for Industrial Projects (tanks, Building, Retaining Walls, Pits and Ponds)
This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
The design management procedure for industrial projects will be clarified. The design of the reinforced concrete tanks and the design of the foundation under steel tanks will be illustrated.
The concrete and steel structure design principal will be illustrated to select the suitable structure system. The foundation design under vibrating machine will be illustrated. Pipeline support and foundation under separator, KOD and steel tower will be highlight on its principal of design and how we can review and implement the design package.
The advanced inspection methods for fresh and hardened concrete will be discussed and how to implement maintenance plan for all the concrete structure.
The integrity management system procedure will be illustrated taking into consideration the major factors in design, construction and repair to maintain the concrete structure economically in all its lifetime
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Apply knowledge in concrete design in industrial structure
- Perform problem solving in concrete structure of any petrochemical industry and determine the causes of failure
- Design management process and industrial projects
- Define, discuss and design the load of industrial structure, concrete tank, steel tanks ring beam and pipeline support, foundation under machines, etc.
- Examine reasons of failure in concrete structure in industrial and use precaution in the concrete structure repair
- Prepare tender package and apply tender evaluation techniques
- Inspect and monitor the procedure in controlling the construction
- Design Management Process
- Control the Design of the Industrial Projects
- Define the Load on the Industrial Structure
- Principal of Concrete Design and Precaution
- Reinforced Concrete Tank Design
- Design of Steel Tanks Ring Beam
- Pipeline Support Design
- Design of Foundation under Machines
- Reinforced Concrete Wall Design Principal
- Design of Pipeline Anchor Block
- Reasons of Fails and Cracks of Concrete Structure in Industrial
- Precaution in Repair of Concrete Structure
- Construction Precaution to Achieve Design Requirement
- Preparing Tender Package
- Tender Evaluation Technique
- The Inspection and Monitoring Procedure to Control the Construction
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
This course is intended for civil engineers, construction supervisors and inspectors.