Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for construction supervisors, civil engineers and inspectors.
About the course
The industrial building design need more attention to some requirement. The design management procedure for industrial building will be clarify. The concrete and steel structure design principal will be illustrated to select the suitable structure system
In this course the different structure system for concrete and steel structure will be discussed. All the load which effect the industrial building will be discussed. The design of the control room, workshop, warehouse and offices will be illustrated. The design and construction procedure based on the ACI AISC, and API will be discussed.
This course is intended for civil engineers who are interested in the area of design, construction for the industrial projects. The Structure dynamic analysis will be discussed in case of design foundation under reciprocating machines. This course enables delegates already familiar with what concrete is, to develop skills in effective specification, production and end users of concrete. The course also covers basics as well as advanced concepts up-to-date technology.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Acquire knowledge on industrial building design and design management process
- Discuss control of design, defining load of the buildings as well as ballast load and its design philosophy
- Identify the principal of reinforced concrete and steel design and the effect of wind and earthquake in industrial buildings
- Create design cases in some areas such as warehouses or the workplace these design also includes crane track girder
- Investigate the reasons of fails and cracks of concrete structure in industrial building and provide precaution to achieve design requirement in construction
- Prepare tender package, tender evaluation and technique
- Inspect and monitor the procedure to control the construction and enumerate the different properties of HSC and HPC in the building## Course Outline
- Design Management Process
- Control the Design of the Industrial Building
- Define the Load on the Buildings
- Ballast Load and its Design Philosophy
### Day 2
- Principal of Reinforced Concrete and Steel Design
- Live Load in Different Industrial Building
- Wind and Earthquake Load Effect in BS, UBC Codes
- Principal of Design Foundation Under Machine
- Different Types of Structural System
- Ways to Select the Better Structure System
- Control Room Design Precaution
- Offices Design Based on an Operation Requirement
- Warehouse and Workshop Design Cases
- Design of Crane Track Girder in the Workshop
- Reasons of Fails and Cracks of Concrete Structure in Industrial Building
- Construction Precaution to Achieve Design Requirement
- Preparing Tender Package
- Tender Evaluation Technique
- The Inspection and Monitoring Procedure to Control the Construction
- Use of HSC and HPC in the Building
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.