Who should attend
Executives and managers who have direct or indirect responsibility for the formulation and/or implementation of strategies that affect their organization's growth and market value. Functional managers from business development, marketing, operations, finance, human resources, or IT, or professionals moving into those roles.
About the course
Success in today’s challenging economy - marked by constant technological innovation, global competition and tight markets - means more than planning for success. Staying competitive means creating, driving and sustaining competitive advantage. As a participant in this program you will take the perspective of ownership toward your department or business, learning how to develop a real-world framework for integrating functional expertise into the development of competitive strategies that drive measurable results. Discover how to reconcile the external economic factors and internal business issues that often pull in opposing directions. And learn how to manage and amend your strategy by understanding and selecting the analytical tools that compel sound business decisions.
- Critical activities and key resources: Building blocks for a competitive business model
- Business models that create competitive advantage for your business
- Adapting to current conditions: Beating the industry and incumbents at their own game:
- Analyzing the competitive environment
- Assessing the attractiveness of the industry
- Isolating potential sources of competitive advantage and disadvantage
- Positioning strategies for your business
- Techniques for changing the game: Identifying "white spaces" to shape an industry
- Developing solutions and actionable plans
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Build the conceptual thinking and clarity necessary for making the tough decisions
- Learn approaches for identifying more choices than competitors for the same opportunity
- Understand the industry dynamics and be able to select market segments where there is a higher probability of success
- Get out of the 'silo' mindset and understand how different functions interoperate in order to develop competitive advantage
Sayan Chatterjee, PhD, is one of the leading scholars in the area of strategic management, corporate diversification, and mergers and acquisitions. He has published articles in leading academic and practitioner journals, and his research is used in PhD and MBA programs at most leading schools. Ch...
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.