Who should attend
This program is beneficial for professionals in any field looking to enhance their confidence communicating in front of groups, at meetings and one on one in a variety of work settings.
- Corporate managers and executives
- Business analysts
- Project managers
- Finance and accounting professionals
- Customer service representatives
- Human resources specialists
- Healthcare administrators
- Web developers
- Software analysts
- IT administrators
- Sales representatives
- Education administrators
- Government and nonprofit administrators
About the course
Your ability to communicate with confidence at work can make or break your career. This program will help you develop your strengths as a communicator in front of groups, at meetings and in one-on-one conversations. In a supportive, interactive setting, you will have the opportunity to practice public speaking, meeting facilitation and conversational skills that are applicable in a variety of work settings. The best practices you learn will allow you to overcome fears and habits that may be holding you back from achieving your work and career goals.
This six-week program will strengthen your ability to make presentations, engage and involve meeting audiences, and tune up listening and questioning skills to achieve conversational competence at work and networking events. Face your fears and build the confidence you deserve! "Nothing ventured, nothing gained. . ." advised Benjamin Franklin.
By the end of this program you will:
- Design and deliver with confidence a variety of work-related presentations
- Practice techniques to involve and facilitate a meeting audience
- Cite specific techniques for speaking up at meetings and in one-on-one conversations
- Learn how an effective communicator listens and questions in difficult conversations
- Develop a strategy for successfully communicating and navigating business social events
- Reducing communication apprehension in work-related settings
- Designing and delivering work-related informative and persuasive presentations
- Facilitating meetings that engage and involve participants—both internally and with clients
- Listening and questioning skills that advance understanding
- Navigating business networking and social events to achieve desired outcomes
Cynthia Maxey, MA, CSP is a published author, national speaker, and College of Communication part-time professor at DePaul U. in the field of communication studies. She has authored six books on communication and addressed national conferences for over 25 years. She looks forward to sharing tips ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.