Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This seminar is recommended for every executive with some prior public speaking experience who must speak in front of groups, make presentations, sell ideas to others or face cameras and microphones.
About the course
Take your public speaking to the next level! Speak, present and communicate with poise, power and persuasion.
From presentations to public speeches, your effectiveness as an executive and future career hinge on your ability to step up to the podium, command attention and transform every presentation into a credible and compelling communication.
Let's conquer your fear and connect with the minds and hearts of your audience. Take control of the room with ease and inject every presentation with your style and energy. Gain confidence as you learn by doing, and turn your next speech or presentation into a rewarding experience.
How You Will Benefit
- Speak and think with greater clarity and purpose, stressing key ideas
- Face an audience or camera with confidence and control, and make the most of your own natural speaking style
- Shape and organize your public speaking and presentations to persuade listeners and get the response and results you want
- Conquer fear of public speaking and negative stress
- Make your performance skills, your sense of humor and your own personality work for you
- Give impromptu and prepared speeches to the class and receive personalized feedback on executive presentations
What You Will Cover
Fundamentals of Executive Speaking Skills
- Identify the elements of a good presentation
- Create an individualized speaking skills profile
- Set personal goals for the development of public speaking skills
- The importance of research and organization in preparing an effective presentation
- Illustrate how to plan and prepare strong beginnings and endings in your presentations and public speaking
- Select and design effective visuals
- The effective use of voice, action, image and language in public speaking
- Apply strategies for positively addressing speech anxiety
- Practice articulation methods
Essentials for Winning Presentations and Public Speaking
- Choose appropriate strategies for reaching reluctant, uncommitted and inactive audiences
- Design successful informative, persuasive, entertaining motivational and special event presentations
- Respond in a focused and controlled fashion to questions and answer
- Impromptu speech making
- Speak and Think with Greater Clarity and Purpose, Focusing on Key Ideas
- Face an Audience or Camera with Confidence and Control, and Making the Most of Your Own Natural Speaking Style
- Shape and Organize Your Public Speaking and Presentations to Persuade Listeners and to Get the Response and Results You Want
- Conquer Your Fear of Public Speaking By Managing Negative Stress
- Make Your Performance Skills, Sense of Humor, and Personality Work Together So You Project Confidence and Authenticity
- Deliver Both Impromptu and Prepared Speeches That Achieve Their Intended Goals
- State the Professional Benefits of Effective Executive Speaking Skills
- Identify the Elements of a Good Presentation
- Create an Individualized Checklist of Effective Speaking Skills
- Demonstrate Competencies Needed to Perform an Audience Analysis
- Apply New Strategies to Research and Organize Core and Value-Added Content in Your Presentation
- Prepare Strong Beginnings and Endings for Your Presentations
- Apply the Various Types of Organizational Patterns Used in Presentations
- Apply Structure to Develop Balanced Presentations
- Identify Appropriate Uses of Media That Enhance Your Presentation
- Apply Dynamic Delivery Skills That Add Interest and Clarity to Your Presentation
- Adapt Language to the Audience and Occasion to Increase Credibility, Attention, and Retention
- Avoid Common Misuses of Media
- Apply Proven Methods to Reduce Presentation Anxiety
Present and Process
- Project the Appropriate Image to Meet Professional and Situational Expectations
- Respond in a Focused and Controlled Fashion During Question-and-Answer Periods
- Design Successful Informative, Persuasive, Motivating and Special Event Presentations
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.