Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
The Change Management for HR curriculum is designed for functional leaders, people leaders, and individual contributors seeking to advance their careers by elevating personal proficiencies, establishing HR as a partner to the business, and designing change initiatives that support engagement and organizational growth.
- HR Business Partner
- HR Generalist
- L&D Professional
About the course
Why You Should Attend
Guide people through change to accelerate business success.
Have you ever been asked by your clients to help with change? Have you been part of an unsuccessful change initiative? Have you wondered why it’s so hard to communicate effectively about change? That’s because most change initiatives don’t focus enough on the people and their needs.
HCI knows that the key to successful change is focusing on people over processes. This course will help you identify and build the capabilities people need to navigate change successfully. You’ll walk away with tools and an action plan for your next change initiative.
- Partner with the Business – Partner with the business to successfully manage change.
- Explore the Role of HR During Change – Distinguish among the three different roles that HR can play, and consider how to use each one.
- Create an Action Plan – Develop an action plan for your next change initiative that includes human-centered design, communication, and coaching.
Course Outline | Introduction
- The role of change in organizations
- Change management principles
- Partnership between HR and the business
- HR’s change management roles: Architect, Broadcaster, Coach
Course Outline | The Architect
Designing Change Initiatives
- Overview of Architect role
- Using human-centered design for a change initiative
- Using nudges in change design
Partnering with the Business
- Obtaining buy-in and sponsorship
- Identifying and involving stakeholders
- Creating the change management team
- Establishing decision-making authority
Setting Up Change Initiatives for Success
- Assessing change readiness
- Identifying and addressing organizational barriers to change
- Planning for and evaluating sustainability
Course Outline | The Broadcaster
Communicating the Right Information in the Right Way
Overview of Broadcaster role and why communication is important
How to communicate:
- The change vision
- Reasons for the change
- Details about the change
- The impact on employees
- Progress of the change
- Framing each message
Building a Strategic Communication Plan
- Importance of being strategic and planful
- Audience considerations
- Timing of messages
- Communication channels/methods
- Choosing the right senders
- Emotional resonance
Course Outline | The Coach
Understanding and Addressing Reactions to Change
- Overview of the Coach role
- Different ways people react to change
- Addressing resistance and barriers
Maximizing Employees’ Capabilities
- Identifying training needs
- Creating a training plan
- Building confidence
- Developing a growth mindset
Keeping Employees Engaged Through Change
- Importance of keeping employees engaged
- Building team cohesion
- Encouraging resilience
- Reinforcement methods (rewards, recognition)
- Creating a network of coaches (managers, super users, ambassadors)
Course Outline | Conclusion
Videos and materials
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.