Merage School of Business
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
Program is designed for women seeking to advance their career through leadership, influence, communication and confidence. We invite professionals of all genders who support women.
About the course
A unique new program for women in leadership
"A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult. This 'voice' is your best tool in the boardroom." – Melinda Gates
UCI’s Women’s Leadership program is preparing women to find their voice and not just take a seat at the leadership table, but to leverage their unique skills to create and shape these tables.
The Paul Merage School of Business has a long-standing commitment to diversity and inclusion and is the number one business school in the world for percentage of female faculty (Financial Times MBA, 2019). From this perspective, the Office of Executive Education presents this unique new program for Women in Leadership.
This interactive program covers major topics including:
- Negotiation Strategies
- Financial Planning Designed for Women
- Power Presence for Women
- Cultivating Your Social Media Presence
- Corporate Board Governance
- High Quality Team Decision Making
- Panel - Women on Boards: Maximize Your Impact
- Panel - Women Supporting Women: How We Can Empower One Another
- Provide women leaders with tools to build a consistently confident, credible and impactful personal leadership presence
- Discuss the unique leadership skills women can employ and leverage to shape the future or organizational cultures
- Create C-level panel discussions for open dialogue to address impactful topics including the recent California law mandating female representation on public company boards
- Provide women leaders with exposure and networking opportunities to share ideas and strategies with participant peers, faculty, executive leadership coaches and C-level executives.
- Create actionable plan for immediate practical application of key concepts
- Form mini-affinity groups for long lasting, on-going peer coaching following the program
This program offers an intentionally small, intimate environment with a capacity of only 50 participants, therefore registering early is highly recommended.
- 7:15 - 8:00 a.m. Breakfast
- 8:00 - 11:00 a.m. High-Quality Team Decision Making, Maia Young, PhD, UCI Paul Merage School of Business
- 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Who are You When You are BIG?, Kimberly Rousch
- 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. Lunch, Headshot Photo Opportunity
- 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Corporate Board Governance, Margarethe Wiersema, PhD
- 4:00 - 4:15 p.m. Break
- 4:15 - 5:00 p.m. The 3 People You Need to Meet Along Your Career Journey, Klara Farkas
- 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. "Making Connections": Team Activity, Joel Veenstra
- 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Dinner
- 7:15 - 8:00 a.m. Breakfast
- 8:00 - 11:00 a.m. Developing and Delivering Your Pitch, Larry Wilk and Michelle Khine, PhD
- 11:00 - 11:30 Your Social Media Presence, Maile Ohye
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Lunch, Headshot Photo Opportunity
- 12:30 - 2:15 p.m. Power Presence for Women, Janet Ioli
- 2:15 - 2:30 p.m. Break
- 2:30 - 4:00 p.m. Essentials of High Performance Leadership, Valerie Sheppard
- 4:00 - 4:15 p.m. Break
- 4:15 - 5:15 p.m. Panel: Women on Boards in California
- 7:30 a.m. Breakfast
- 7:30 - 10:30 a.m. A Real Conversation about Leadership Excellence, 4th Annual Women's Leadership Summit
- 10:30 - 10:45 a.m. Break
- 10:45 - 11:30 a.m. Financial Planning Designed for Women, Katerina Hencova
- 11:30 - 12:30 p.m. Lunch, Headshot Photo Opportunity
- 12:30 - 4:15 p.m. Negotiation Strategies for Women, Chris Bauman, PhD
- 4:15 - 4:30 p.m. Break
- 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. Panel: How We Can Empower One Another
- 5:30 - 7:00 p.m. Certificate Distribution and Reception
Maia Young is an associate professor of management and organizations. She joined the faculty at the UCLA Anderson School of Management in 2004 after earning her Ph.D. from the Stanford Graduate School of Business. She studies the psychology of individual decision making in the workplace, particul...
Margarethe F. Wiersema holds the Dean’s Professorship in Strategic Management at The Paul Merage School of Business, University of California, Irvine. She has an MBA and PhD from the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan. The recipient of numerous awards for excellence in researc...
Katerina Hencova is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional (CFP® professional) who specializes in serving women and their unique needs. She is passionate about empowerment through knowledge and guides individuals and families in building comprehensive financial plans and developing customize...
Helping others recognize their greatness within is Michelle’s passion. She is joyful when she sees others achieve the results they desire and deserve. Michelle’s expertise is in Sales and Leadership. Her training and coaching business, The Champ Group, provides professional and personal developm...
Senior-level global Human Resources executive with an outstanding record of accelerated achievement in driving sustainable performance through all components of human resources partnering with all disciplines of the business. Possess a strong and proven ability to build and lead dynamic, cross-fu...
Chief Legal Officer and Senior Legal & Business Strategist Lead the intersection of law, policy, and corporate governance. Experienced C-level executive driving innovation, technology and legal solutions. Change agent and talent incubator building successful teams who embrace continuing imp...
You are only as effective as your ability to communicate your ideas. Helping leaders and teams develop the essential skills of Communication that advance valuable ideas is my mission. As the former (and might I say luckiest!) gal who introduced Taco Bell to fans worldwide, I tackled strategic co...
Thirty-year IT veteran, Carol Fawcett currently serves as the Corporate Vice President and Chief Information Officer for Golden State Foods, one of the largest diversified suppliers to the Quick Service Restaurant and retail industries. Headquartered in Irvine, California, GSF is values-based wit...
Terry Goldfarb brings her expertise in networking, relationship building, business development and marketing to individual, corporate and organizational clients. Terry fostered an outstanding reputation as a genuine connector and relationship builder. With a career beginning as a tour guide at D...
Director – Anthem, Director – Lord Abbett Family of Funds, Director- UNYQ, Chair – Board of Trustees, University of California, Irvine Julie Hill is a member of the board of directors of Anthem (a Fortune 50 company and the largest U.S. health insurance company by member), the Lord Abbett Family...