Business Strategy & Planning for Managers
Is your next challenge guiding a strategic planning process, and writing a strategic business plan? What is your role as a manager in defining your company's strategy? Get the business strategy skills and tools to develop the best strategic plan to support your company’s goals!
Better strategic understanding and planning leads to better evaluation of future opportunities, smarter allocation of resources, and higher chances of creating long term value. The ability to plan for the future is often a prerequisite for being promoted to higher responsibility.
Register to this intensive 3-day strategic planning training programme focused on practical learning, designed and facilitated by business people that understand your challenges and will guide you to find effective solutions. Bring your strategic dilemmas to the programme and get direction on analytical and organizational approaches.
Your immediate takeway:
- You will return back to work with more confidence to identify the best strategic planning process for your organization,
- make more intelligent and rational decisions, and
- ensure your strategic initiatives and goals are aligned.
This strategic planning training combines proven-by-practice methods with new insights and ideas that will grow your strategic thinking skills. You will gain a wider perspective of management practice through breakout sessions, exercises, and case applications.
How will you benefit?
How will you benefit? After taking this programme, you will grow your business strategy skills and competencies and be able to:
- Identify strategic planning issues in order to develop a unique competitive advantage
- Learn key analytical and conceptual approaches to expand your understanding of the marketplace
- Align your organization with your strategic planning goals by integrating strategy, objectives, metrics, and performance
- Identify evolving strategic patterns and generate ideas on how they can be applied to your organization
- Incorporate customer needs into your strategic planning
- Use a case study to examine the strategic planning process
- Recognize how the actions of customers, competitors, and your own company determine the outcomes in your markets
- Determine the best approach to effectively implement your strategic planning
During the programme you will:
- Network and learn from a diverse group of peers from different functions, industries and countries
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practice using real-world examples over 3 interactive days
What will you learn and practice?
This 3 day programme is highly interactive with exercises and role plays. Programme Highlights:
*Strategic Planning Principle *
- Determining a frame of reference for strategic planning concepts
- Schools of thought in strategic planning
- The evolution of strategy
An Overview of the Strategic Planning Process
- Basic elements of strategic planning
- Developing and managing the strategy formation process
Understanding Your Organization’s Mission
- Your organization’s core values
- Creating an inspiring mission statement for your own organization
Assessing the External Environment
- Identifying macro and micro factors
- Responding to changes in the environment
- The I/P (Importance/Performance) matrix as a competitive tool
Understanding Your Internal Environment
- How to become a high-performing organization
- Financial elements of developing strategy
Formulating Your Strategic Planning
- Data synthesis
- SWOT analysis
Competitive Strategic Planning
- Defining your competitive advantage
- The product/industry/life-cycle curve
- Understanding mega patterns
Ensuring Strategic Alignment
- Creating organizational accountability
- How to translate the grand design into well-executed strategic planning
Strategic Planning Execution
- Key building blocks
- Learning the three core processes
- Understanding resource allocation and strategy formation
A Strategic Planning Process
- Determining the best processes for your business
Who should attend
If you are a manager or leader who requires understanding business strategies and apply strategic decision-making to improve performance and prepare for higher responsibility, this programme is for you. Some of the management positions that usually attend to this business strategy training course are:
- Senior Managers
- Division Leaders
- Professionals who guide and implement strategic planning processes, and write strategic business plans.