This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
This short course in Business Management will introduce you to the fundamental principles of business management and the essential skills needed for effective management. Improving your knowledge of business management will enable you to adapt your management style and to innovate, meeting the national need for business development and innovation. The Milpark Education School of Commerce Bachelor of Commerce qualification has been rigorously developed to ensure market relevance and academic integrity. It is designed to provide graduates with the knowledge base, practical competence and application skills required to either enter the labour market or pursue further studies in this field.
You will be exposed to the primary management functions, such as the management environment, planning, leading, organising and motivation, and will be exposed to the manager’s environment.
This course is suitable for people who are planning to enter the management sphere, people who want to start their own business, small business owners and new entrepreneurs. If you are working in other roles, but want to improve your knowledge of business management, you will also benefit from this course.
On successful completion of this short course, you will able to:
- understand the functional units of an organisation and how they interact in a common system
- perform basic management tasks including planning, organising, leading and controlling
- collect, analyse, organise and effectively evaluate information in a business environment
- work effectively as part of a team
- demonstrate an understanding of the world as a set of related systems by recognising that problem-solving contexts do not exist in isolation
- understand the marketing orientation and process
- use marketing instruments
- plan and monitor a simple integrated marketing strategy
- develop effective public relations
- understand the financial function and use basic financial management tools to support decision-making
- understand the operational management of a business
- manage the human resources requirements and processes of an organisation
- motivate staff and team members to optimise output
Who should attend
Suitable for those who are planning to enter the management sphere, those who want to start their own business, small business owners and new entrepreneurs. Those who are working in other roles but who want to improve their knowledge of business management will also benefit from this course.