Who should attend
Individual contributors, new or prospective managers, as well as high potentials who would benefit from a comprehensive and compact learning experience that enables them to demonstrate an understanding and facility with business acumen.
About the course
A major milestone in every professional’s life is possessing and demonstrating solid business acumen. It’s a way to distinguish yourself as having the knowledge and credibility to earn the trust you need for career advancement. In this fast-track 3-day certificate program, you will learn key skills that are essential to developing business acumen, including the value of an enhanced customer focus strategy to proactively address internal and external customer and stakeholder needs, a basic understanding of financial acumen to interpret and better support your business unit’s goals, and the knowledge to drive your project management approach. Through unique activities, team exercises and a capstone project, you’ll gain a deeper, hands-on understanding of these functions and how they are interconnected so you’ll be ready to demonstrate them on the job.
Your immediate takeaway
- Interpret financial statements to examine your organization’s performance
- Learn the essentials of successful project management
- Create a customer-focused strategy that maximizes relationships with both internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Synthesize skills in a special capstone project In addition, you will earn a special certificate in recognition of your participation in this program
How You Will Benefit
- See the “big picture” of the organization—how the key drivers of business work together to produce profitable growth
- Develop a fundamental understanding of financial analysis
- Explore project management basics and demonstrate business acumen in team projects
- Confidently discuss the finances of a project, division or company—and ask the right questions
- Recognize the importance of a customer-focused strategy and how to create one
- Devise and present solutions for increasing a company’s ROI, performing a financial analysis and setting up a project plan
- Use knowledge to make sound business decisions
- Create an individual action plan for applying key concepts on the job to help you get recognized for your sense of business acumen
What You Will Cover
- Learning to assess and explain your organization’s performance using financial statements
- Asking informed questions about the finances of a company, division, or project
- Grasping clearer logic underlying business decisions
- Assessing the quality and completeness of basic project plans and monitoring processes
- Effectively developing a charter, creating status reports, communicating with stakeholders, and assessing risks
- Applying techniques to schedule projects; estimate resources, cost and scope; distribute responsibilities; create status reports; and monitor processes
- Assessing a company’s finances for performance and viability
- Analyzing your company’s competitive position in the marketplace
- Applying project management techniques to develop a project plan
- Capstone—applying key concepts to a sample project and managing reports, assimilating feedback and presenting results
- Developing an individual action plan for applying key concepts and strategies on the job
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.