Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Functional managers who have new or existing responsibilities to help support other departments and the organization as a whole.
About the course
As your leadership responsibilities expand, so does your need to understand the impact of every decision on the strategic and financial goals of your organization. That's why business acumen—an intuitive sense of how the moving parts of a company work together to create profit —is indispensable.
This course will improve your understanding of how operations, finance, marketing, and other functions must work together to create and execute a successful business strategy. You’ll also polish your financial literacy and leadership skills and become more business savvy.
How You Will Benefit
- Gain a realistic picture of your company’s position, market, and potential
- Examine the external environment and understand how customer and business changes affect your company’s ability to succeed
- Analyze where your business stands in relation to your key competitors and what the future will look like
- Measure the performance of your business using standards that are highly correlated with value creation
- Integrate your competitive analysis and financial metrics to improve your business decision making
- Create an actionable business strategy, get stakeholder buy-in, and develop a complete strategy implementation map
- Improve your business skills by learning the right financial terminology
Day 1 - Business Acumen and Strategy Development
- Get hands-on exercises to construct suitable business models
- Explore how to segment selection and product service offerings
- Learn how to manage strategy execution through financial dashboards and how to measure the right results
- Understand which value chain components are right for your organization
Day 2 - Business Strategy Process Development
- Understanding why your company (and you) cannot be great at everything
- Apply competitive analysis principles to direct and indirect competitors and to future and blue sky opportunities
- Assess actionable business strategies for your company
- Test strategic models and decisions through mini case studies
- Avoid common planning traps and pitfalls by conducting a business strategy review
Day 3 - Strategy Implementation and Communication Plan
- Examine models, tools, and methods for strategic planning
- Explore the essential elements needed to implement a strategic plan
- Implementing goals through acquisitions
- Develop profit improvement strategies and planning for growth
FIRST DAY - Includes breakfast, lunch, breaks and dinner
- Check-In and Breakfast 7:30 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.
- Course 8:15 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Dinner 4:30 p.m. - 10 p.m.
LAST DAY - Includes breakfast, lunch and breaks
- Breakfast 7:30 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.
- Course 8:15 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Dinner 4:30–10 p.m.
Day 3 – Includes breakfast, lunch, and breaks
- Breakfast 7:30–8:15 a.m.
- Course 8:15 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Dinner 4:30–10 p.m.
Adam J. Bock, MBA, PhD, is the co-founder of four life science companies spun out of university research. Nerites Corporation was purchased by Kensey-Nash (Royal DSM) for $20 million in 2011. Stratatech Corporation was acquired by Mallinckrodt in 2016 for $187 million. Virtual Incision Corporatio...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.