Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Building and Leading High-Performing Teams is designed for those with at least 5 years professional experience from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors and whose career has evolved consistently with increasing levels of responsibility. You are:
- looking to develop increased personal awareness of your leadership behaviours, your leadership potential and your performance;
- seeking to develop your organisational leadership skills to ensure enhanced organisational performance;
- reaching your next management level, enabled by personal leadership and the collective impact of the teams that support you;
- eager to learn strategic frameworks and tools to build and lead teams that leverage individual strengths to achieve outstanding results;
- keen to strengthen, advance, and hone your leadership skills to meet your organisation’s current and future challenges.
About the course
Smurfit Executive Development in collaboration with Leinster Rugby
You have the potential to be among your organisation’s greatest assets — but capitalising on your abilities requires new knowledge and skills. UCD Smurfit Executive Development in collaboration with Leinster Rugby, are delighted to announce a new three-day course ‘Building and Leading High-Performing Teams’. Through the integration of examples from the sports and business worlds, this unique, intensive and highly interactive short course, will equip you with insights & skills to build your leadership strengths and prepare you for greater challenges.
Change the way you experience leadership
The dynamics of teamwork are too complex to be mastered through classroom work alone. Working with Leinster Rugby’s leadership experts, Building and Leading High-Performing Teams provides a distinct combination of classroom and case work, along with experiential exercises in a dynamic, interactive environment. It builds upon years of combined expertise, on and off the pitch, in providing strategic insights to help participants build and nurture performance-driven teams.
Through cross-functional team building and helping participants to develop an enhanced ability to build, lead, inspire and sustain high-performing teams, this three-day course places you in settings and contexts that will change the way you experience leadership. Each day you will test new strategies and practical tools through hands-on experiences with instant feedback and participate in integrated sessions that connect course content to your real-world issues.
During this intensive three-day course, you will uncover your individual leadership style and develop your strengths. You will work directly with world renowned experts in leadership development and management and have a unique opportunity to broaden your perspective by learning alongside high-potential peers from various industries, business disciplines, and cultural backgrounds.
In Building and Leading High-Performing Teams, you will
- Strengthen emotional intelligence for greater influence, stronger relationships, and higher levels of productivity from your team.
- Gain valuable personalised feedback on your emotional intelligence, communication style, and organisational culture.
- Learn about your own leadership style and its impact on team performance.
- Explore the importance of values and behaviours in teams.
- Learn how to deal with setbacks and failures.
- Build upon your own personal strengths and the strengths of team members.
- Build more effective and productive relationships based on intelligent use of your emotions.
- Gain hands-on experience in building, participating in, and leading teams in diverse contexts.
- Understand how team leadership resides in action rather than position.
- Master a framework for leading change more effectively.
- Understand and improve how communication and listening style influences leadership outcomes.
- Manage and nurture strong individual players within a team and draw out the best from everyone — so that the team is more than the sum of its parts.
- Create an individual action plan that commits to immediate and long-term change and growth.
- Build a peer network of fellow leaders for sharing challenges, insights, and perspectives.
Camilla spent the first 10 years of her career in international sales, setting up distribution channels in mainland Europe and Scandinavia. The next significant part of her career was as a consultant with PricewaterhouseCoopers, during which she advised both private and public sector organization...
Helen is Director of Smurfit Executive Development at UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School. She holds direct responsibility for the management and strategic development of Smurfit Executive Development and is a member of the Smurfit School’s Irish Advisory Board and the School’s Senior Ma...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.