Who should attend
Managers in the areas of marketing and strategy innovation, IT, and organization change. Pairs or groups of managers from the same company should attend together for maximum benefit.
About the course
Successful innovation cannot sustain without a creative culture behind it. Design is a force behind such a culture. Unfortunately, organizations big and small often struggle with how to cultivate design, relegating it to a particular department, or outsourcing it altogether. However, design must lead, not follow innovation. It must play the role of strategic coordinator for innovations. Design is not about look and feel, but it is about visualizing the future. And it must be understood in a much broader and strategic context.
In the modern economy, design has emerged as one of the single most important capabilities for becoming and staying competitive. If you have ever attended a design workshop, or have ever watched IDEO’s shopping cart video, you have seen how design produces transformative solutions to all kinds of challenges.
This program focuses on what design means in practice, dispels common myths, and shows how to implement design at the center of operations. It presents design as a key strategic capability in organizations that must be actively managed and nurtured. Through case studies and interactive discussion, participants will learn how to assess their organization’s design capability and how to develop it.
- Design as a strategic capability in organizations
- Design capability development mode
- How to configure design capability as organizations grow
- Relationship between top management and design
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Make the business case for design investment
- Learn the four components of design capability
- learn how to assess your organizaton's design capability
- Learn how to develop a strategic plan for improving design capability
- Learn how to build a strategic relationship between top management and design organization
Youngjin Yoo, PhD, is the Elizabeth M. and William C. Treuhaft Professor of Entrepreneurship and professor of information systems in the Department of Design & Innovation at the Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University. He has a joint appointment at University Hospita...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.