Who should attend
Managers in the areas of marketing and strategy innovation, IT, and organization change. Pairs or groups of managers from the same company should attend together for maximum benefit.
About the course
Competitive industry forces demand relentless innovation. Delegating this work to a small group of specialized innovation specialists, or periodically focusing on innovation does not allow organizations sustain innovation at the constant scale required. Rather, organizations need to become creative platforms where everyone in the organization innovates all the time and everywhere. In other words, innovation must be embedded as part of the organization’s DNA, through process, structure, tools, strategy and culture.
In this workshop, we focus on how to build such a creative platform in an organization to keep innovation flowing by leveraging design, one of the single most important capabilities for competing in the modern economy. If you have ever attended a design workshop, or have ever watched IDEO’s shopping cart video, you have seen how design produces transformative solutions to all kinds of challenges. This workshop will show you how to take such design approaches to a next level, by integrating it deeply into every aspect of the organization operation. You will learn how to plan, develop, integrate and assess design as a strategic capability for your organization.
- A strategic imperative for a creative platform
- How to build and lead a creative platform
- How to integrate design as the engine of the creative platform
- Design language and philosophy as the cultural foundation of a creative platform
- Design capability maturity model
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Make the business case for design investment
- Learn the four components of design capability
- learn how to assess your organizaton's design capability
- Learn how to develop a strategic plan for improving design capability
- Learn how to build a strategic relationship between top management and design organization
Youngjin Yoo, PhD, is the Elizabeth M. and William C. Treuhaft Professor of Entrepreneurship and professor of information systems in the Department of Design & Innovation at the Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University. He has a joint appointment at University Hospita...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.